[Fixed] FPS count is not screened

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

FPS count is not screened

Postby Hirogen2 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:41 am

When vid_fps is 1, and I hit '0' (I bound that to the "screenshot" command, dunno about other keys), the FPS count does not get included in the final PNG image.
Hirogen2

Github ID: jengelh
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Enjay » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:55 am

No? Strange.

The PrintScreen key certainly saves it, as did typing "screenshot" at the console, as did binding "." to "screenshot". All showed the fps readout in the screeny with 2.0.47i and vid_fps set to 1
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby randi » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:37 pm

I already fixed this so that I could take the screenshot on the news page.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Hirogen2 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:49 am

Can't be, you took that pic (the Blood one with that clone, with 273 FPS) when FPS were already uncapped. Since I happen to have 2.0.47i -- with the unlocked FPS -- and it's not screened.

However, something else I came across ("Won't change"): The status bar and/or HUD is not screened in a savegame picture.
Hirogen2

Github ID: jengelh
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Enjay » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:29 am

Hirogen2 wrote:The status bar and/or HUD is not screened in a savegame picture.

Nor should it be IMO. The savegame pics are very small and are there (I assume) to remind you what was going on in the level at the time. At that resolution, any additional information would not be helpful, especially as it would be a pixelated mess and would cut down the size of the actual useful picture information available.

Oh, and I'm still getting fps counts "screened" when I take screen shots - with 47i. In fact, I think I posted one in the news thread some time ago myself.
Enjay

Postby Biff » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:36 am

I also have Hirogen2's problem, my screenshots do not include the fps counter. In game it looks like Randy's example, a small black bar with white text, lying over the bottom of the medikit symbol. The screenshots show the entire medikit, no black band with text.

Could it be related to the png screenshot format vs. other formats? I don't know what the valid settings are.
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Postby Enjay » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:42 am

Ooooh! you're right!

With the status bar visible (how I normally play) the fps value gets "screened", but reduce to just the HUD (health icons etc) or no on screen information (one + more than the HUD setting) and the fps information is shown in game, but does not appear in the screen shot.
Enjay

Postby Biff » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:52 am

OK, that's it. Showing the full status bar enables the screenshot to include the FPS counter, .png format not an issue.
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Return to Closed Bugs