[4.1.0][Vulkan] Crash on startup

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

[4.1.0][Vulkan] Crash on startup

Post by Guest »

No clue what goes wrong. No mods are loaded and it also happens with a clean INI file. Using a GTX 1080, updated drivers two days ago.

Crash Report: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mF5HM ... 39BJttQ_lq

Re: [4.1.0][Vulkan] Crash on startup

Post by Guest »

Just saw a user being asked which platform they're using in another thread. For the record, I'm running Windows 10 (64-bit). Also forgot to click the Vulkan Bugs forum before posting the OP. Sorry about that.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

It crashes inside amdvlk64.dll which is AMD Vulkan driver. If you are using NVIDIA graphics, then :shrug:

Post by Guest »

You think it could be something on my end? I don't recall ever installing AMD drivers on this PC, not since I moved on to NVIDIA three years ago and reinstalled my PC like twice since then. Haven't used an AMD GPU in that time. Only AMD component I have is the CPU. Unsure about the on-board GPU, though. Any suggestions?

Post by Guest »

A friend suggested that I run Display Driver Uninstaller to clean up ye olde AMD files. Seems to have fixed the problem. I am now able to launch GZDoom with Vulkan. So far I haven't spotted any issues.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”