Plutonia 2 MAP10: bad BSP again?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Plutonia 2 MAP10: bad BSP again?

Post by Player701 »

This seems to be a BSP-related bug just like this one.

Command line to reproduce (get Plutonia 2 here):

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -iwad plutonia -file pl2.wad -nomonsters -warp 10 +"warp 1610 -470"
If you turn 90 degrees left, you'll find that there is something blocking your way to the wall with the "computer console"-like thingy on it. It is possible to jump up there if jumping is enabled - there is a kind of an invisible floor several units above the real floor, but IDDT shows nothing. GZDoom Builder also doesn't show any sectors there.

As with the previous issue, the problem is gone if nodes are set to be regenerated by GZDoom. Here's the map checksum, just in case:

]mapchecksum map10
BA4860C7A2F5D705DB32A1A38DB77EC4 // pl2.wad map10
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Plutonia 2 MAP10: bad BSP again?

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, this looks like the same thing.
Player701

Post by Player701 »

There is a similar glitch in MAP11, which is fixed when setting "gennodes" to 1.

Command line:

gzdoom.exe -iwad plutonia -file pl2.wad -nomonsters -warp 11 +"warp -2230 -500"
With "gennodes 0", you fall through the bridge in this exact spot (if you don't see anything wrong, try moving around and you'll see what I mean). With "gennodes 1", you always remain on top of the bridge. This is not game-breaking, since the bridge doesn't have any elevation above the floor level, but still.

Checksum:

]mapchecksum map11
EDA5CE7C462BD171BF8110AC56B67857 // pl2.wad map11
Maybe we should create a thread similar to "Maps that need compatibility settings" for reporting such errors? Oh, wait, this is already a kind of a compatibility issue. Maybe I should report similar issues in that thread, then?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

If you go node error hunting, another mod that may be interesting is Kama Sutra. It was mainly the same guys making it and they seem to have been fond of the oldest editing tools around.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

If you know that node rebuilding solves such issues, it's better to make a pull request with the fix in addition to a report.
Player701

Post by Player701 »

Graf Zahl wrote:If you go node error hunting, another mod that may be interesting is Kama Sutra. It was mainly the same guys making it and they seem to have been fond of the oldest editing tools around.
I'm not hunting for these errors specifically, just playing through WADs and reporting stuff I find suspicious.
_mental_ wrote:If you know that node rebuilding solves such issues, it's better to make a pull request with the fix in addition to a report.
All right. Here you go.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

MAP25 of the same WAD also suffers from this issue. I can't tell you the exact coordinates, as I don't have access to my computer at the moment, but it's somewhere in the bottom-right part of the map.
Player701

Post by Player701 »

Blue Shadow wrote:MAP25 of the same WAD also suffers from this issue. I can't tell you the exact coordinates, as I don't have access to my computer at the moment, but it's somewhere in the bottom-right part of the map.
Yes indeed, thank you for reminding me. Just got to this map and the glitches are quite severe, it is much easier to fall through the floor than on Plutonia MAP32. Made a post about it in the map compatibility thread, also with a PR to fix this.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Thanks, I merged it.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”