Maps that need compatibility settings.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Maps that need compatibility settings.

Post by Player701 »

Well, I once tried to report something like that, but you said it was a mapping error that could not be fixed... Does it qualify now? If not, I'm sorry. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be forgotten, if it actually does matter.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Maps that need compatibility settings.

Post by Graf Zahl »

That one's tricky because AFAIK the stuff that causes the glitch cannot be removed without breaking the map. There was something going on here that wasn't fixable through compatibility but it has been too long ago to remember specifics.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

E1M5 in The Realm of Parthoris has a secret that cannot be reached without cheating. In the south-west corner of the room (behind your spawning point with the coordinates), pressing against the wall was meant to reveal a switch that then lowers the bookshelf behind you to reveal a secret room, but this switch does not reveal correctly, making it impossible to enter the secret.

Code: Select all

-iwad heretic -file ROP_2015.zip -nomonsters +map e1m5 "+warp -1841 579"
XxMiltenXx

Post by XxMiltenXx »

Graf Zahl wrote:That one's tricky because AFAIK the stuff that causes the glitch cannot be removed without breaking the map. There was something going on here that wasn't fixable through compatibility but it has been too long ago to remember specifics.
I tried to fix it within the editor and the fix there was very simple.

Just remove the Tag from Sector 483 and it's fixed. There's a little triangular sector "behind" that light that can be seen in Software Renderer. This triangle has the Tag 16, which several doors use in that level which are opened by said switch. Once you remove the Tag the triangle's floor/ceiling doesn't get moved and due to that no visual glitch appears.

Unless there is a reason that this triangle is there and has Tag 16, I see no harm in doing it the way I said.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Like I said, it was too long ago. If this is all that is needed it surely can be handled.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

I pushed fixes for Jenesis and The Realm of Parthoris to our new compatibility branch.
Even if it won't be merged in for some reason, it's not a big deal to redo them for old compatibility handler.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Any reason why you even think about that? Of course this will get merged once the transition is complete. It's far, far easier to work with than that primitive text format.
Player701

Post by Player701 »

_mental_ wrote:I pushed fixes for Jenesis and The Realm of Parthoris to our new compatibility branch.
Even if it won't be merged in for some reason, it's not a big deal to redo them for old compatibility handler.
Thank you very much for this. :)
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

_mental_ wrote:I pushed fixes for Jenesis and The Realm of Parthoris to our new compatibility branch.
Thanks!

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”