ZDoom doesn't read 7z/pk7 the same way as zips/pk3s/folders

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Somagu

ZDoom doesn't read 7z/pk7 the same way as zips/pk3s/folders

Post by Somagu »

Normally if a pk3/zip file, or presumably a folder (I haven't checked) is loaded, it will recursively go at least one folder level deeper, such as in the case of, say, a cloned git release of a mod, which works as intended.

If a PK7/7z is loaded this same way, it will parse the file and lumps, but does not actually seem to load any of the decorate, mapinfo, and so on, unless they're located in the root directory of the compressed file.

Actually not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, or if it only affects the Windows binaries, but either way it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Tested as of automated drdteam build gzdoom-x64-g3.3pre-408-g80a0d15.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: ZDoom doesn't read 7z/pk7 the same way as zips/pk3s/fold

Post by Graf Zahl »

This behavior is not 'say', like a cloned git repo, but to handle actual git repo downloads - and those are always in Zip format. The code do do the checks is inside the directory loader loop so it'd have to be copied in its entirety with the added complication that 7z directories are not available as plain data but have to be read entry by entry from the file.

I do not consider this necessary to implement.
Somagu

Re: ZDoom doesn't read 7z/pk7 the same way as zips/pk3s/fold

Post by Somagu »

I see. Thanks for the quick response and clarification.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”