Crash when saving game

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Finbar

Crash when saving game

Post by Finbar »

Hi,

GZDoom crashed when I saved my game at the beginning of MAP12 in Doom 2. I had just finished MAP11, the intermission played normally. At the beginning of MAP12 I pressed F2, chose a new savegame slot, entered a name, and when I pressed Enter, GZDoom crashed. No savegame file was created, so apparently it crashed before actually saving. I'll attach the crash report.

I had a very similar crash when playing Doom 1 a couple of days ago. I had just finished E2M3 and tried to save the game at the very beginning of E2M4. I entered the savegame name, pressed Enter, and GZDoom crashed.

I'm using GZDoom 3.2.5 (64 bit), my OS is Windows 10 64 bit Version 1709, build 16299.192.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
Crash report
(21.58 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Hypersonic

Re: Crash when saving game

Post by Hypersonic »

I had one recently as well while trying to save, GzDoom 3.2.5, just started Heretic e4m7. Been playing many hours of GZDoom and it's the first crash I remember ever occurring.
_mental_

Re: Crash when saving game

Post by _mental_ »

Fixed in 56f6565.

For released versions workaround is simple. Just do not press buttons in menus simultaneously. Even if you do occasionally you still need to be "lucky" to crash it.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”