Menus added via replacing OptionsMenu don't show up.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Accensus

Menus added via replacing OptionsMenu don't show up.

Post by Accensus »

I remember Graf(?) committed some code that put unknown menus at the bottom of OptionsMenu, which was supposed to fix the issue of old mods replacing the engine's internal menus. However, that doesn't seem to work and hasn't worked for a while. For example, get LegenDoom Lite and test with that.
Korell

Re: Menus added via replacing OptionsMenu don't show up.

Post by Korell »

I thought the change made prevented them from overwriting the internal menus, so a lot of older mods did in fact no longer show these menus once this change was made (such as The Adventures of Square, SmoothDoom, DemonSteele, etc.). The fix was to change the mods to use the AddOptionMenu command instead, which adds a new option to the bottom of an existing menu, which is the correct way to add them. I've had to alter a number of the mods that I've downloaded by using SLADE or opening the PK3 and editing the relevant text.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Lud is right though that the extra stuff should be showing up. And last time I checked with Adventures of Square it did.

Not everything will show up - some commands are on a blacklist because they previously existed in ZDoom menus before the GPL-ification and were removed - so they have to be taken out of the menu in order to ultimately clean up possible compatibility issues.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Ah, so this is not about the menu options that try to replace existing ones, but newly defined ones that have user defined names. I'd need to get a mod that I've not fixed myself already then, to see this.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Fixed in 337bbfc. Individual options are handled correctly while custom submenus were discarded.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”