[3.2.4] Crash firing (LineAttack?) through portal

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

[3.2.4] Crash firing (LineAttack?) through portal

Post by Matt »

this version of Hideous Destructor

Go to the range, pick either Custom or Rifleman

Go through the red door, turn around corner

Hit altfire to switch to grenade launcher and fire at the wall beyond the portals
(I can sometimes get this crash just firing the rifle itself, and sometimes the grenade goes off just fine)

Hit user2 to switch to full-auto and fire at the wall beyond the portals. Crash appears to be totally random but I have not gone through 2 mags (101 shots) without the crash.

The crash error seems to be different each time

EDIT: I should note that sound is also failing to travel through these portals (all of which are static) and I have no idea if that might be related.

This could be one of those totally unaddressable things that no one else gets.
Attachments
gzdoom-crash.log.zip
(4.69 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
_mental_

Re: [3.2.4] Crash firing (LineAttack?) through portal

Post by _mental_ »

The crash is fixed in be81474. As for the sound propagation I have no idea what's wrong with it.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: [3.2.4] Crash firing (LineAttack?) through portal

Post by Matt »

The fix works, thanks!!

(now I need to figure out what I did to the sound...) It's related to how I'd set up the "sections" - the explosion at the end of the corridor is in the same section as the shooter so the sound is treated only via the in-section path. I don't know any way around this other than to lengthen the corridor enough that you wouldn't be able to hear it anyway.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”