[3.2.4] UMAPINFO: BossAction simply doesn't work

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Shadow Hog

[3.2.4] UMAPINFO: BossAction simply doesn't work

Post by Shadow Hog »

Exactly what it says in the title. Example WAD here, taken from a UMAPINFO project I've been working on.

Expected behavior: Killing all Hell Knights calls Boom linedef special 221 ("S1 Floor Lower To Adjacent Floor") on tag 4, while killing all Barons of Hell calls Boom linedef special 103 ("S1 Door Open Stay") on tag 5. This is the behavior that occurs in the version of PrBoom+ Graf made to get the UMAPINFO ball rolling (repository here).
Current behvaior: On GZDoom 3.2.4, killing all Hell Knights does nothing, preventing access to the Barons outside; likewise, no-clipping out of the inner room and killing all the Barons also does nothing, preventing the final door from opening to let the player leave the stage.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [3.2.4] UMAPINFO: BossAction simply doesn't work

Post by Rachael »

Kotti

Post by Kotti »

Shouldn't this load the translator from the active GAMEINFO section instead of hard-coding it to Doom?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

To be honest, I am not sure. UMAPINFO is not meant to be used outside of Doom, and the specials that it is checking are actually hard-coded anyhow.

I suppose it doesn't hurt to have this commit, but Graf can always revert it later.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”