[GZDOOM 3.2.3 + 3.2.4] Rendering stops, but action continues

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
XLightningStormL

[GZDOOM 3.2.3 + 3.2.4] Rendering stops, but action continues

Post by XLightningStormL »

I'm having an error in which GZDOOM (the version I am using is 3.2.4, but the issue was also present 3.2.3, but it never occurred in any prior version)

Essentially what happens is, the game will randomly crash, but 3 seconds (or so) later, the sound continues playing, and I can still interact with the game (entering the menu, abeit not seeing anything) shoot weapons, I can still move, monsters will still move, and play sounds etc.

So essentially everything but the rendering/visuals work after a 3 second crash/freeze.

I originally suspected it to be shadow maps, that didn't work, then I assumed it was the dynamic lights in general, still froze.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [GZDOOM 3.2.3 + 3.2.4] Rendering stops, but action conti

Post by wildweasel »

What video hardware do you have? It sounds like this issue: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58400
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

wildweasel wrote:What video hardware do you have? It sounds like this issue: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58400
Intel Pentium G4560, and a GTX 1050
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Unfortunately surviving graphics drivers crashes or hangs is out of scope for GZDoom.
Moreover this seems to be a hardware problem like overheating and/or underpowered video card.

I suggest you to enable vsync or increase maximum FPS limit or even enable capped FPS.
Most likely the problem will gone or it will become quite infrequent at least.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”