First and last interpolation points in curve are skipped

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Accensus

First and last interpolation points in curve are skipped

Post by Accensus »

What says on the tin. In the test map the skipped interpolation points are marked with a candle, while the working ones are marked with a torch. To move the tech lamp, simply walk forward to trigger the line.

Also this has been present for some time, so version where it goes wrong is unknown. If it is wrong in the first place. GZDB marks the first and last interpolation lines with orange if path is non-linear, so something tells me this might be a [Not a bug].
Attachments
actormover.wad
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: First and last interpolation points in curve are skipped

Post by Graf Zahl »

I believe this was intentional to properly interpolate the curve. In any case, I won't even try to make any sense out of this as changing it may cause more problems than it's worth.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I understand. Thanks for the info on the two issues.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by gwHero »

In case more people are racking their brains on this behaviour like I did a couple of months ago: if you create a cutscene with a moving camera and you want to link a interpolation special to trigger something when the curve of the camera is finished, you also have to link that not to the last interpolation point, but the one before that.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”