ACS Savegame String Corruption (w/ Easy Reproduction Steps)

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

ACS Savegame String Corruption (w/ Easy Reproduction Steps)

Post by Kinsie »

EDIT: This was tested on 3.2.1, forgot to mention that. The mod claims no issues with "ZDoom 2.8.1 based sourceports", so presumably this is related to the new savegame system.

1.) Start a new game with FinalDoomer 2.0. It doesn't matter what class you choose.
2.) Hold down the Reload key. An overlay will pop up, showing a weapon sprite and giving a description.
3.) Save the game.
4.) Reload the save and switch to another weapon.
5.) Hold down the reload key. The overlay will be broken (the weapon sprite will just be an "A" and the description will either be a fragment of a script-assembled string like "FD_Plut_Info" or non-existent)

The relevant ACS source code is in source/fdwepinf.acs and is less than 100 lines, which should hopefully make it easier to debug than the towering alternate-compiler nightmares that have previously exhibited similar issues.
_mental_

Re: ACS Savegame String Corruption (w/ Easy Reproduction Ste

Post by _mental_ »

Fixed in 0d05b41.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Thanks for saving my time - this was on my to-do list for today.

Actually, I consider this fix important enough to prepare a new point release after finishing the EAX editor rewrite.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I know I am going to draw a lot of ire for saying this - but are you sure that's a good idea right now?

Might be better to cherry-pick this one on top of the 3.2.1 tag and merge it into the maint3_2 branch.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Well, i guess the author hasn't really tried the mod with ZDoom32. It's actually based on 2.9pre and already has the new savegame system so i've applied the patch. Thanks.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”