GLDEFS shaders "beforebloom" is case sensitive

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Nash

GLDEFS shaders "beforebloom" is case sensitive

Post by Nash »

The "beforebloom" keyword is case sensitive, if you typed it with any kind of mixed casing, it won't work.

Additionally, the parser is still too relaxed - it didn't error out when I used "BeforeBloom" (the shader just doesn't work but otherwise the game runs).
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: GLDEFS shaders "beforebloom" is case sensitive

Post by Rachael »

Fixed

(sometimes I hate git, I forgot I had uncommitted work for a bug report)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Why do you hate git? It's only the tools you use. I made it a habit to only commit through a GUI where I actually can see the current state and make sure that everything gets in. With the command line I'd expect this to happen far more frequently.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Doing it through the GUI is much too slow, for me. It takes at least 15 seconds for Explorer to load the window where I can use the context menus to do the commit, and another several seconds for all the information to load. "commit -a -m" saves me a lot of time - but as you can see, it results in the issues I had leading up to the linked commit.

Please note that what I said earlier was an expression in the heat of frustration. I don't actually hate git - I only said "sometimes" - most of the time I have no problem with git. :)
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Well, I prefer to do my commits right and take the time to carefully review them. That means I NEVER EVER use "commit -a".

As it just so happened on my job on Friday, I found out that my predecessor had forgotten to check in some files into Git some 3 years ago and then happily worked on that broken repo for another 2.5 years without ever noticing that something was missing - until I had to compile the project and noticed that critical parts were not present in Git.

Lucky us that his user directory on the computer I took over from him hadn't been deleted yet - his backups were already overwritten - or this would have been some worst case scenario. It certainly made a few people VERY uncomfortable that we were this close to losing some important data. Any GUI would have flagged those files right away.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

I use a mixture of TortoiseGit and the command prompt. If I'm on a system with only the CLI I always type 'git commit' or 'git diff' first to see what is changed. Only if that list includes exactly what I expect would I follow it up with a 'commit -a'.

But even then, "commit -a" does list all the files when you type in the commit message. As TortoiseGit checks all the modified files, the chance of committing more than you wanted is equally great imo.

What really puzzles me is how many developers that don't keep the .gitignore file up to date. Having some missing files gets pretty obvious when the unversioned files list is usually empty.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

I love SourceTree GUI. But there's plenty others out there too, like GitKrakken and the likes. Sadly GitKrakken kept crashing on me so I noped out of that and went with sourcetree to this day.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”