WI_NOAUTOSTARTMAP (?) strange issue from GZDoom 3.2.x

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

WI_NOAUTOSTARTMAP (?) strange issue from GZDoom 3.2.x

Post by Hexereticdoom »

I have noticed during these last days, since I updated to GZDoom 3.2.0 & 3.2.1 that I always have to manually start next level in graphic intermission screens pushing any key, however in GZDoom 3.1.0 the next map always starts automatically without problems.

I think the issue may be related to the wi_noautostartmap CVAR, it is set to false by default but it seems GZDoom ignores the value and assumes it is true. On the other hand, and curiously this only happens with intermission screens with graphic localizations (like in first three episodes on Doom 1 and Heretic, respectively, where you see your progress by the visited maps), because the background-tile only intermissions autostarts normally even in GZDoom 3.2.x... :?:
_mental_

Re: WI_NOAUTOSTARTMAP (?) strange issue from GZDoom 3.2.x

Post by _mental_ »

There was a bug in previous versions. Intermission script's NOAUTOSTARTMAP flag was ignored.

Doom 1 doesn't use it although Heretic has this flag defined for 3 episodes. Just checked with GZDoom 3.2.1 and it follows the intended behavior.
In Hereric it's required to press a key on the graphical screen but in Doom 1 the next map is loaded automatically after a few seconds.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: WI_NOAUTOSTARTMAP (?) strange issue from GZDoom 3.2.x

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Ohhh, now I see... :woh:

Right, I have checked this some instants ago and effectively, in one of the GZDoom's internal lumps is defined that flag. Then not a bug definitely...

Anyway, I assume that behaviour can be tweaked through a patch file if possible. I'll have to test it...

Thanks for your attention Mental! :thumb:

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”