Keeps Switching to Weapons with No Ammo

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
ImpieTwo

Keeps Switching to Weapons with No Ammo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I posted this in another thread and didnt' get an answer so maybe it's a bug. I dunno. The original question was:

How do i tell gzdoom to stop switching to weapons with empty ammo? I was sure it was the "check ammo on weapon switch" but it happens whether this setting is set to yes or no.

It's the only option I can find that's related to this issue, so either that option isn't what I think it is, or there IS a bug. It's still 3.0.1, by the way.
Blue Shadow

Re: Keeps Switching to Weapons with No Ammo

Post by Blue Shadow »

What's the code of the weapon? If the weapon has the AMMO_OPTIONAL flag, the switch is allowed even if you have no ammo for it.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Blue Shadow wrote:What's the code of the weapon? If the weapon has the AMMO_OPTIONAL flag, the switch is allowed even if you have no ammo for it.
None of the guns in the mods i made use that flag. It wasn't doing this before, only recently.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Could you provide something to run tests on?
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

ImpieTwo wrote:
Blue Shadow wrote:What's the code of the weapon? If the weapon has the AMMO_OPTIONAL flag, the switch is allowed even if you have no ammo for it.
None of the guns in the mods i made use that flag. It wasn't doing this before, only recently.
Does your weapon use secondary fire that doesn't require ammo?

In general this bug report is pretty inconsistent.
First of all, no sample is given. Sure developers can find your mods on the forum but they are not small self-contained samples.
GZDoom 3.0.1 is not the latest stable builds. There are lots of things changed/fixed after 3.1.0 (which is the latest) in devbuilds too.
Moreover 'recently' is a very relative term. Please post some version numbers next time.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

_mental_ wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:
Does your weapon use secondary fire that doesn't require ammo?

In general this bug report is pretty inconsistent.
First of all, no sample is given. Sure developers can find your mods on the forum but they are not small self-contained samples.
GZDoom 3.0.1 is not the latest stable builds. There are lots of things changed/fixed after 3.1.0 (which is the latest) in devbuilds too.
Moreover 'recently' is a very relative term. Please post some version numbers next time.
Well, as I said in the op (along with the actual version number), I wasn't sure if it was a bug, and nobody answered on the other thread. I don't know what exactly would constitute a sample if all the weapons are doing it. The entire weapons section of the mod? A sample of the code? I guess I misread when people said 3.1.0 as 3.0.1 elsewhere and thought I still had the latest build.

I know one mod does use a non-ammo secondary fire, but the rest don't, so I'll double check that, and I'll quit wasting your time.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Take one of the problematic weapons, put it in its own WAD and uploaded it here. That would be enough.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Blue Shadow wrote:Take one of the problematic weapons, put it in its own WAD and uploaded it here. That would be enough.
I'm pretty sure he had the problem pegged: it's just the one with the doesn't-use-ammo alt fire weapons. Now I just gotta figure out how you keep it from doing that, if it's possible. I know Brutal Doom and Space Pirate had a way of doing it, but I could never wrap my head around how it worked...
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

So this is not a bug after all.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Blue Shadow wrote:So this is not a bug after all.
No I don't think so. But last time I posted something like this in a different forum I was scolded for not posting it here, so I posted here this time.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”