GZDoom 3.1: "scale text in high res" option missing?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Adol

GZDoom 3.1: "scale text in high res" option missing?

Post by Adol »

Hi,
I'm playing GZDoom (32 bit WIndows version) at 1920x1200 resolution. In GZDoom 2.4 I've enabled

Options >> Hud Options >> Message Options >> Scale text in high res

and this way the message text is big enough to be readable.

However, in GZDoom 3.1 that option is missing, and the text doesn't scale anymore. As you can see from the attachment, this way the text is so small that is unreadable. When upgrading from GZDoom 2.4 to GZDoom 3.0, I've kept the "GZDoom-username.ini" file, and in that file the con_scaletext cvar is set to 1.

Why Text scaling doesn't work anymore? Is there another way to obtain the same result, and get the text bigger?

Thanks.
Attachments
Text size too small
Text size too small
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: GZDoom 3.1: "scale text in high res" option missing?

Post by wildweasel »

The scale option now has its own submenu as of GZDoom 3.0 and later. Check the "Scaling Options" under HUD Options for a series of sliders that will help you.
Adol

Re: GZDoom 3.1: "scale text in high res" option missing?

Post by Adol »

Thanks for your input. I found out that using GZDoom 3.1 with Ultimate Doom Visor v1.85 apparently messed up the available options, hidding the "Scaling Options". Launching GZDoom 3.1 without it, I was able to see them and set them appropriately. Now the setting is ok even using Ultimate Doom Visor.

Problem solved :)

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”