[Fixed] Hitscan & throwback

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Postby Kate » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:03 pm

the only use I can think of for this is if the enemy performs an attack as it's death sequence but other then that i don't really think it has any uses.
Kate
... in loving memory ...

Postby Cyb » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:11 pm

steve: you can't hit someone in the face with an ssg and have them fly towards you, they only go forward if they're >= 64 uints above whoever killed them. shooting a monster or whoever with something when they're right in front of you causes them to go backwards at the proper speed etc
Cyb

Postby HotWax » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:12 pm

Cyb wrote:steve: you can't hit someone in the face with an ssg and have them fly towards you, they only go forward if they're >= 64 uints above whoever killed them. shooting a monster or whoever with something when they're right in front of you causes them to go backwards at the proper speed etc

64 units is just above the player's head. You might have to look up 30 or 40 degrees to do it, but it's certainly possible. :P

Also, I fail to see what unsigned ints have to do with anything... ;)
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Nanami » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:56 pm

Cyb wrote:aye, hehe it's fun to accidently mdk a barrel halfway across the map and have it flung towards you and take a good chunk of health :P

Heh, a fun game to play: Play Barrels of Fun with only mdk, no guns.
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Postby randi » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:32 pm

Cyb wrote:aye, hehe it's fun to accidently mdk a barrel halfway across the map and have it flung towards you and take a good chunk of health :P

While checking this out further, I discovered that this happens with mdk because the thrust calculation overflows and goes negative. So that particular bug is now fixed.

Is there really anything else here to be fixed when killing something through normal means? How low mass are you talking about?
randi
Site Admin

Postby Cyb » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:40 pm

aw no more flying barrles of death? :(
Cyb

Postby Xaser » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:21 pm

Cyb wrote:aw no more flying barrles of death? :(

Oh randy, Please make this a compatibility option! The barrels of death were awesomely fun!
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby randi » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:40 pm

Well, I'll call this fixed.
randi
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Closed Bugs