[Fixed] Dark DooM doesn't make things dark!

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Dark DooM doesn't make things dark!

Postby Big C » Sun May 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Hello.

I just tried the May 3rd devbuild with SidDoyle's Dark DooM and Dark DooM Lite mods with both DooM II and the Ultimate DooM IWADs.

Normally the Dark DooM/Lite mods would make the levels darker by lowering sector lighting brightness values. With the May 3rd build they don't do that.

For reference, here is SidDoyle's Dark DooM pack.

I'm guessing this is a GZDoom issue as the mods were working fine at least one devbuild prior, and furthermore it does this regardless of what other mods I do or don't have loaded.

I'm not sure what's causing it as nothing seemed out of the ordinary on the console.

EDIT: Dark DooM Lite seems to work with TNT, but it seems to work...Wrong. See here for a photo demonstration.

EDIT: Weirdly, loading the different Dark DooM variations with TNT seems to affect those 'stripes' in the picture above, but nothing else in the level. I'm royally baffled now.
Big C

Re: Dark DooM doesn't make things dark!

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon May 04, 2015 12:56 am

Ok, seems like some people still have to run action specials with tag 0... The new tag management didn't have this implemented.

Please note that these mods will most likely break once maps with multiple tags per sector come out. They'd affect the light in those sector for each assigned tag.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Big C » Mon May 04, 2015 1:10 am

Graf Zahl wrote:Ok, seems like some people still have to run action specials with tag 0... The new tag management didn't have this implemented.

Please note that these mods will most likely break once maps with multiple tags per sector come out. They'd affect the light in those sector for each assigned tag.

Got it, thanks! Hopefully Sid will get the message---for good measure I let him know in the Sneaky/Dark DooM thread.

Would the mods still be compatible with wholly-vanilla maps, at least?
Big C

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon May 04, 2015 1:21 am

What the mod does is going through a list of tags, raising or lowering the light level for each find.
So, as long as every sector only has one tag it will work, but in case a sector has multiple tags it will adjust the light level for each assigned tag.

Of course that means that vanilla maps will behave as before.
Graf Zahl

Postby Big C » Mon May 04, 2015 1:26 am

Graf Zahl wrote:What the mod does is going through a list of tags, raising or lowering the light level for each find.
So, as long as every sector only has one tag it will work, but in case a sector has multiple tags it will adjust the light level for each assigned tag.

Of course that means that vanilla maps will behave as before.

Gotcha, thankees.
Big C

Return to Closed Bugs