Dragon

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
LilWhiteMouse

Dragon

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Is the dragon intentionally immune to the "Monsters Ignore Each Other = 1" dehacked parameter, as well as the hardcoded no-infighting? I have a handful the player has to dogfight, but they tend to start going after each other?! Is this supposed to happen?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

That's probably because the fireballs cause splash damage, which isn't immune to infighting. Do any other monsters (aside from those that are immune to splash damage like the cyberdemon) have attacks that cause splash damage? If not, I can't see any problems with changing this so splash damage isn't applied to other monsters of the same species that fired the projectile.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

How about the Rocket marine? For him this would be a *very* useful feature.

Aside from that and the big bosses I think only Hexen's fighter boss has a splash damage attack and I have never seen a map with more than one of him at the same time.
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

randy wrote:That's probably because the fireballs cause splash damage, which isn't immune to infighting. Do any other monsters (aside from those that are immune to splash damage like the cyberdemon) have attacks that cause splash damage? If not, I can't see any problems with changing this so splash damage isn't applied to other monsters of the same species that fired the projectile.
Ok by me, PROVIDED that this change becomes a developer option, NOT default behaviour.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Where's the harm in this becoming common behavior? I really don't know many WADs that put explosive attacks on smaller monsters and in almost every case the game is hurt by the fact that those monsters can blow themselves apart. The only stock monsters affected by this are the Dragon and the Fighter Boss. Both are classic bosses that rarely come in packs so there is very little harm. What's more, the fighter boss can't even hurt himself with his attack but others of the same kind.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”