[Fixed] Fog effect doesn't work right...

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Fog effect doesn't work right...

Postby silentzora » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:35 pm

The fog effects (linedef type 334) hasn't been working right in the new ZDoom. Whenever you're in a foggy sector and you look at a 2-Sided linedef where the fog ends, the NORMAL texture (even if there is no texture there) is replaced with the hex number for the fog color of the sector.

Am I making any sense at all?

-----------
|Sector A|<-- 2-sided linedef (B)
-----------

If Sector A has a fog color of 0000ff, that color replaces the normal texture of Linedef B when standing in the foggy sector. Any way to correct this?
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.

Discord: silentzorah#1233

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:38 am

That's how the fog works, so you don't get gaping holes in the fog. Iimagine stading in a completely fogged up sector... you shouldn't be able to see an adjacent sunshiney sctor, no matter how clear it is. So it colors in the walls and enemies of the fogged sector with the fog color, along with interconnecting 2-sided lines to give the fog depth.

If you don't want that effect, try colored lighting/sector fades with a low light level.
Chris

Postby randi » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:21 pm

Like Chris said, it's not a bug. However, the way you worded this report it made it sound like the normal texture wasn't being drawn at all if there was supposed to be one there. So I made a test wad, and it does get drawn.
randi
Site Admin

Postby silentzora » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:21 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention it does it when you're invulnerable and the screen turns white :( Now I feel like an idiot. Sorry for any trouble I caused because of this.
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.

Discord: silentzorah#1233

Postby randi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:34 pm

Thanks, the extra info helped. Fixed now.
randi
Site Admin

Return to Closed Bugs