[Fixed] Why can't I fire my BFG?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Why can't I fire my BFG?

Postby Anakin S. » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:38 pm

When I animated the BFG 9000 by adding additional frames to the bobbing sequence, I added the bobbing weapon code pointer in all the frames used, as I normally do for such weapons. When I do this to other weapons, they fire as soon as I press ctrl. When I do this to the BFG, though, it rarely fires when I press ctrl. Apparently, it fires when I hit ctrl at one specific frame in the sequence. I remember it worked okay in version 1.22. I have no clue why this is the case. Does anyone know what might have caused this?
Anakin S.
Am I evil?

Postby Tai » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:36 pm

It doesn't like you. :D ....What?
Tai
BFG Lamer and Coop Gamer.

Postby Nanami » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:41 pm

You'll have to attach the patch, otherwise we won't know what you did.
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Postby wildweasel » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:12 pm

Tai wrote:It doesn't like you. :D ....What?

Tai, you are about the most useful poster on this forum...[/sarcasm]

I've noticed something like this with the "CUBE" WAD and DEH setup, where the rocket and BFG won't fire half the time...I only saw that on the 47 and 47i cabs though, not sure if still present in 60 because I lost the WAD when I backed up my system.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Anakin S. » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:08 am

Here is my weapons test patch. I can't post the .deh file, so you'll have to rename it to .deh before you can use it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anakin S.
Am I evil?

Postby Anakin S. » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:13 pm

I think there are times when the other weapons don't fire when I press ctrl, but they don't occur as often as with the rocket launcher and the bfg 9000. I also just noticed that Randy made the weapons bob back and forth smoothly even if the frames have durations greater than 1. Before, frame durations greater than 1 made it choppy. Keeps us from wasting lots of frames to create a smooth animation as in Heretic and Hexen. Thanks Randy.
Anakin S.
Am I evil?

Postby randi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:16 pm

Fixed. This was also needed to make Strife's mauler work well, since it has the same problem.
randi
Site Admin

Return to Closed Bugs