[Fixed] A couple of annoying problems...

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
User avatar
HotWax
Posts: 10002
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:18 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by HotWax »

giest118 wrote:Hm... I have a question which I would like someone to answer... HotWax, being as you're obviously a lot older than me, what the hell are you doing wasting your life playing Doom, insulting a middle-schooler, and not doing something productive? I mean, you're obviously a lot smarter than me, why don't you get a job? Or something? Seriously... I mean no offense, just a question.
Woah now. Playing Doom is NOT a waste of time, nor is insulting a middle-schooler when I'm having LOTS of fun doing so. As for productive stuff, I do lots of productive stuff. That doesn't mean I can't take time out of my busy schedule to make you feel welcome and appreciated, now does it? Also, why do you assume I don't have a job? You also assume I'm socially retarded. You need a thing called evidence before you can make these assumptions.

Also, your last sentence was a lie. You meant plenty of offense.
User avatar
HotWax
Posts: 10002
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:18 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by HotWax »

giest118 wrote:Now, for another question: why has nobody studied the... erm... new version of the map that I made. As you will see when you play it, the problem still exists. (no bad words or insults in here.... I think I've put together a good post at last)
Choose from one of the following answers:

A) Nobody cares.
B) Everybody is too busy laughing at you to care.
C) You're a dumbass and nobody cares.
D) All of the above.
User avatar
randi
Site Admin
Posts: 7728
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:30 pm

Re: A couple of annoying problems...

Post by randi »

giest118 wrote:Now, I don't care who you are, what universe you're from, or how much you've f*cked up the Doom engine, but two things of the same type that are in the exact same place should not hear things at different times...
Sorry, but you are wrong. The boss eyes only check for targets about 3 times per second (specifically, every 10 tics). The game randomly offsets the thinking times for everything spawned, so the chance they will be perfectly in sync is only 1 in 10.
giest118 wrote:And then a third problem, in the same map (and a few others) when the music is supposed to loop, it DOES, but about a second after it IS supposed to loop. I mean... WHY!??
Probably because there is a delay at the end of the song. Try using the original MIDI instead of converting it to MUS.
giest118 wrote:And in the aforementioned map (yes, I realize that it COULD BE the aforementioned map, but I want to make sure) there are some cyberdemons that can see through walls. Is that normal? IS IT!? NO, I DON'T THINK IT IS!! WHAT THE HELL!!??
Fixed this case (the only thing in this post I need to worry about). Please don't yell.
giest118 wrote:I've never met anyone who has ever went to Junior High school.
I did, but you'll probably never meet me.

Here, HotWax. I found the attached fag with the help of Google. Maybe you could use it as your avatar so that everybody knows you're a fag. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Giest118
Posts: 2914
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:02 pm

Post by Giest118 »

HotWax,

First of all: Where's your evidence that I didn't mean any offense?

And second: My answer is E) You've corrupted this post with your filthy, immature insults and everyone hates you. Yeah, I think that's a good answer.

And third: Randy,
about the song problem, it only started occuring when I switched 2.0.60. And as for the problem with the non-sync things, thank you for clearing that up. Now I have only one more problem, which is the second bossshooter appearing only on skill3 or higher (and I KNOW that I no longer have it set to do that, but it still happens anyway). If you have any idea as to how to fix this Randy, I will consider you the coolest person I've ever... er.... talked to in a forum.
Last edited by Giest118 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
HotWax
Posts: 10002
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:18 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by HotWax »

giest118 wrote:And third: Randy, THANK YOU for bringing up that statement to HotWax...
Okay, this is pathetic. You're just too stupid and are making this too easy for me. I'm going to go insult RandomLag. At least he gives me a challenge once in awhile.

RL, you're a doodie head.
User avatar
Giest118
Posts: 2914
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:02 pm

Post by Giest118 »

Erm... where did you get that quote from?
User avatar
Biff
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:29 pm
Location: Monrovia, CA, USA

Post by Biff »

Hey, I went to Junior High also! It was grades 7 - 9 then. I used to buy "fags" for 35 cents per pack but gave up smoking after a few years. :)
User avatar
randi
Site Admin
Posts: 7728
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:30 pm

Post by randi »

giest118 wrote:I have only one more problem, which is the second bossshooter appearing only on skill3 or higher.
It is there. If you listen, you can hear both of them. Normally at skills 1 and 2, the boss eye will only shoot at half the frequency of the higher difficulty levels. Because you have two of them, one will shoot at normal frequency, and the other won't shoot at all.
User avatar
cccp_leha
Posts: 1816
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:21 am
Location: NJ, USA

Post by cccp_leha »

giest118 wrote:Erm... where did you get that quote from?
Hahaha, now I fell off my chair. If you, my little buddy, look under your post, it will say something like
Last edited by giest118 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
which lets people know that... you changed the post. Use Force Intuition, young padawan.
Damn Biff, how old are you? :shock: $0.35 per pack? That's like Middles Ages pricing.
User avatar
Giest118
Posts: 2914
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:02 pm

Post by Giest118 »

Ohhhh.... I see.... Okay, then, Randy, so what would happen if I were to have 3 bossshooters? I assume that (doing the math) one would fire normally, the second would fire half as much as it normally does, and the third won't fire at all. SO, if I had four of them, two of which were set only to appear on skills 1 and 2, two of the bossshooters would fire normally, and the other two wouldn't do anything. Is this right? If so, then the problem is fixed...
User avatar
Biff
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:29 pm
Location: Monrovia, CA, USA

Post by Biff »

HotWax wrote:You need a thing called evidence before you can make these assumptions.
You are beginning to learn from the master debater!
User avatar
Biff
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:29 pm
Location: Monrovia, CA, USA

Post by Biff »

cccp_leha wrote:Damn Biff, how old are you? :shock: $0.35 per pack? That's like Middles Ages pricing.
That's middle-sixties pricing, sonny!
User avatar
Giest118
Posts: 2914
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:02 pm

Post by Giest118 »

Ah... All the problems are fixed now. I'm very happy, my map works properly (except the cyberdemons seeing through walls, but I gave up on that). So, eventually my bothering to keep monitering this post was worth it. Very nice... thanks to all who were being helpful.
User avatar
randi
Site Admin
Posts: 7728
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:30 pm

Post by randi »

If you have an odd number of them, they will each shoot at half frequency. If you have an even number, then half of them will shoot at normal frequency and the other half won't shoot at all.
User avatar
Giest118
Posts: 2914
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:02 pm

Post by Giest118 »

..
Last edited by Giest118 on Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Closed Bugs”