[Addressed] Possible wall animation bug.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

The solution that would give you full flexibility has already been mentioned by Graf Zahl: Create an animation for each frame:

Code: Select all

flat NUKAGE1
pic NUKAGE1 tics 8
pic NUKAGE2 tics 8
pic NUKAGE3 tics 8

flat NUKAGE2
pic NUKAGE2 tics 8
pic NUKAGE3 tics 8
pic NUKAGE1 tics 8

flat NUKAGE3
pic NUKAGE3 tics 8
pic NUKAGE1 tics 8
pic NUKAGE2 tics 8
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Oh, I know that :). Should I ever need an animation with full flexibility I would use that method. I do, think that providing the ability to define an ANIMATED style range in animdefs is useful, especially as most animations (at least the ones I have defined) are just standard animations with constant animation rates. So I would certainly use the new method should you implement it. So - a good thing IMO. That method would also tend to make ANIMDEFS shorter too. Not a big deal, but it's there.

The only "problem" left is the few wads (mainly mine I suspect) that have a few broken animations as a result of the previous bug fix. But like I said, I can't complain too much if it wasn't supposed to work that way in the first place. So be it.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

"Range" has been added.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”