[Fixed] Hexen Mana

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Postby Killo Zapit » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:11 pm

Chilvence wrote:Well, theres a problem with that logic though - in doom/heretic, should you be prevented from using the disc of repulsion or the mauler? The dark servant or the maulataur?

It only becomes noticable at all when you use the cheat codes, so I dont think it should be changed in any way. The only way to completely avoid it through remapping the sprite names, is for Randy to include sprites for all the conflicting items inside zdoom.wad itself, which would send the file size up a large amount (not to mention step on copyright issues, for whatever thats worth.)

Well, actauly what I ment to say was, In hexen, because there is already a known conflict with the mauler, the cheat mode shouldn't give you one. And visa versa in any other game with a similer bug. Using the weapons and items in mods shouldn’t be effected, it's only when conflicts are apparent in the normal game (cheating or otherwise) that should be "fixed".
Killo Zapit
PIGBUTT LIVES AGAIN!

Postby Sparky » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:01 am

maybe this is related to that strife ammo poll in the diting forum
Sparky
Crazy Bananas!

Postby Tai » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:41 am

HotWax wrote:He can change is so when you type "idkfa" a hand reaches out of your monitor, slaps you, and then scolds you on using cheat codes.

If that happened I'd stalk out his Inbox. :twisted:
Tai
BFG Lamer and Coop Gamer.

Postby randi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:08 pm

Fixed using the suggested sprite renaming technique.
randi
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Closed Bugs