[Fixed] Who should run enter scripts?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Who should run enter scripts?

Postby mivlad » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:12 am

It seems that enter scripts are ran by the first player only in multiplayer... In real multiplayer I mean, not in a bot game. I hope this is a bug and not a design concept :)
mivlad

Re: Who should run enter scripts?

Postby HotWax » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:56 am

mivlad wrote:It seems that enter scripts are ran by the first player only in multiplayer... In real multiplayer I mean, not in a bot game. I hope this is a bug and not a design concept :)

Enter scripts should be run by each player as they enter the game, using the entering player as the activator. If you've made a script that prints out a message whenever someone uses it, make sure it sends to everyone, not just the activator, or you won't know it's happening (except for yourself). If that's not the problem and the enter scripts really aren't firing off, then it sounds like a bug.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby randi » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:25 pm

Fixed. Enter scripts were run with the equivalent of ACS_Execute instead of ACS_ExecuteAlways, so only the first player would execute the enter scripts, and the other players wouldn't because the scripts were already running.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Nanami » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:26 pm

How long has that been the case? It seems like SkullTag, based on 52, was giving some odd effects.
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Return to Closed Bugs