[Can't confirm] Mouselook bug

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Mouselook bug

Postby Anonymous » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:58 am

I am experiencing a bug in ZDOOM 20.52 which involves the mouse. I am playing with freelook OFF, in other words I cannot look up and down but use the mouse to turn the player only. I use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to move forwards and backwards, and I use the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys to strafe left or right. In previous versions of ZDOOM this worked fine but now if I try to move the mouse forward or backward, the screen stutters as if the character is trying to look up and down (or move forward) but is being stopped repeatedly. This makes the game somewhat less enjoyable due to the fact that any little forward movement of the mouse I may inadvertently make while playing will trigger this bug. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Anonymous

Postby Biff » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:50 am

Zdoom 52 has an enhanced menu for the mouse. Go into Options, Mouse Options and set the Forward/Backward Speed slider all the way to the left.

This stuff used to be accessible through console commands, probably still is. If you type m_forward in the console and hit Enter, Zdoom should report the current setting and it's probably 1 by default. Then you can set m_forward 0 or a small number, or just do it through the menus. Hope that helps. I tried to duplicate your problem but actually could not.
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Thanks

Postby Anonymous » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:47 am

Hey Biff, thanks for the info man. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. By the way, I like your Caleb icon. Is it just me or do his eyes flicker a little bit? Pretty rad.

-Morthore
Anonymous

Postby Hirogen2 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:10 am

Really.... it's the graphics that flicker.
Hirogen2

Github ID: jengelh
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Thanks

Postby cccp_leha » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:42 am

Morthore wrote:...By the way, I like your Caleb icon. Is it just me or do his eyes flicker a little bit? Pretty rad.

-Morthore

His heart is also visibly beating.
cccp_leha
Words are silver; silence is gold... so stfu.

Postby Biff » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:52 am

Heh, yeah, I made his eyes brighten occasionally and I also gave him a Doom2 heart transplant!
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Postby HotWax » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:36 pm

Biff wrote:Heh, yeah, I made his eyes brighten occasionally and I also gave him a Doom2 heart transplant!

:lol: Nice work, I didn't even notice it before. Nice 'n' subtle.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Malphas » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:57 pm

"God and the Devil are in the details."

:P
Malphas
"Now I'm Nothing"

Postby randi » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:12 am

I cannot reproduce the problem. Tested using ZDoom 2.0.48, 50, 51, and 52 with in_mouse 1 and 2 and cl_capfps true and false.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Kuroshi » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:25 am

I thinks Biff's suggestion could work. In my case, if my mouse moves too much in one tic the cursor or view will stutter. Like Biff suggested, try turning down the sensitivity on the offending axis and possibly the acceleration in Windows.

EDIT: Should have tested this first, actually the problem seems to be the mouse INPUT being too high from moving it too fast (I actually have a Kensington trackball mouse). Not the speed the cursor or view moves. So in actuality, try turning your Windows acceleration up a bit. I'm pretty sure this is not a ZDoom bug.
Kuroshi

Return to Closed Bugs