[Fixed] Another Hexen ACS Bug

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Postby pritch » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:04 pm

img-arguing, anyone?
User avatar
pritch
retro doomworlder
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:17 pm

Nanami wrote:Can we have just one thread where deep and HotWax DON'T argue with eachother?




Why? It was by far the best entertainment I had today. :D
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Location: Germany

Postby Nanami » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:07 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:
Nanami wrote:Can we have just one thread where deep and HotWax DON'T argue with eachother?

Why? It was by far the best entertainment I had today. :D

Because almost every thread is:

Random Person: "I'm looking for help with this feature, anyone know what I need to do?"

deep: "Use DeePsea."

HotWax: "Yeah well deep is a dummy head."

deep: "No, your mom is, and she uses DeePsea!"

HotWax: "No you're stupid, and nobody likes you!"

etc...
User avatar
Nanami
Natdhipytadd
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: That little island pritch created.

Postby HotWax » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:33 pm

fraggle wrote:Have you guys still learned nothing? Look:

"randomlag" once said:
I dont care about the paying thing. When I say I enjoy toying with
the replies, that's exactly what I mean. It's fun to twist their
words back at them and show them how contradictory it all becomes.
Yup, I'm just one SOB. Besides, I'm way too old to change now.
Don't tell.


YHBT. YHL. HAND.


Yet everytime I point out this obvious fact to these idiots they call me a troll and tell me not to argue.

F33l m3h p41n.
User avatar
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.
 
Joined: 18 Jul 2003
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Postby HotWax » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:38 pm

Nanami wrote:
Graf Zahl wrote:
Nanami wrote:Can we have just one thread where deep and HotWax DON'T argue with eachother?

Why? It was by far the best entertainment I had today. :D

Because almost every thread is:

Random Person: "I'm looking for help with this feature, anyone know what I need to do?"

deep: "Use DeePsea."

HotWax: "Yeah well deep is a dummy head."

deep: "No, your mom is, and she uses DeePsea!"

HotWax: "No you're stupid, and nobody likes you!"

etc...


DeepSea was not mentioned in this thread.

I did not argue with RL (that's his name, BTW, Deep is an editor) in this thread. I just made fun of him. Arguing with him is pointless. Why? Because he's a self-admitted troll. Read the quote above. Then look up the actual definition of troll (i.e. not the one he tries to twist to fit my attitude.) and you'll see some very close similarities.

I have never seen RL promote DeepSea, only defend it as if he was a starving dog and it was his last scrap of meat. I don't mind that so much as I mind the fact that in order to do so he has to repeatedly belittle everyone he talks to, usually by spouting very large words and speaking as if he is talking to a 4-year old. I'm sorry if you don't like the way I treat RL, but I really don't like pompous assholes like him. If he would stop acting the way he does, I wouldn't have anything to make fun of anymore.

If you want, I might humor you guys and just avoid communication with him (I've done so before), then you can see (again) how much it doesn't matter who he's talking to, he'll make an argument out of nothing and keep going until nobody cares enough to fight him anymore.

But then you wouldn't get to be entertained by my posts. :(
User avatar
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.
 
Joined: 18 Jul 2003
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Postby cccp_leha » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:50 pm

The wall testes almost made me get kicked out of a computer lab in school. Keep it up, it humors me, among other people. I see your point HotWax. I, for one, don't mind if someone explains something I don't understand, and am also willing to admit a made mistake. But there is a bit of that "I'm an experienced adult, you're a noob kid who can't tell USA from USB".
User avatar
cccp_leha
Words are silver; silence is gold... so stfu.
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Location: NJ, USA

Postby Nanami » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:01 pm

HotWax wrote:DeepSea was not mentioned in this thread.
I know. It was a general statement. Not all threads involve a fight over DeePsea, not all are started by him, and not all are started by you. I just wanted to point out that too many threads are just an argument after a few posts.
User avatar
Nanami
Natdhipytadd
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: That little island pritch created.

Postby HotWax » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:05 pm

Nanami wrote:
HotWax wrote:DeepSea was not mentioned in this thread.
I know. It was a general statement. Not all threads involve a fight over DeePsea, not all are started by him, and not all are started by you. I just wanted to point out that too many threads are just an argument after a few posts.


And they all start with RL nitpicking . . .
User avatar
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.
 
Joined: 18 Jul 2003
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Postby Sphagne » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:51 pm

Heh, The Forum-Troll Formerly Known as Steve T is fighting for his domain against a self-admitted troll, I wonder who will come out as the winner! :D
User avatar
Sphagne
Just me, nothing more
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Postby Hirogen2 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:45 am

HotWax wrote:And they all start with RL nitpicking . . .

It is hard to follow the Shareware concept when there is just another editor round the corner. And since Deepsea is "the perfect editor" in some people's eyes, it is not as perfect when it comes to the Shareware limit, and I guess that situation is what is bitching them. Well then, "like it or lump it".
User avatar
Hirogen2
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Location: Central Germany
Github ID: jengelh
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby randomlag » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:34 am

Graf Zahl wrote:The repetetiveness of this kind of discussion reminds me of an old saying:

In a discussion with RandomLag:
======================
§1 RandomLag is always right.
§2 When in doubt, see §1.

PS.

You won't get any more meaningful input from me regarding this topic! :P Although the last post by HotWax really made me laugh. That was great, dude!

And again this applies equally to YOU Graf. You can never take any opinion contrary to yours - esp a technical one - and admit or look at what I'm saying. And then rather than show how my example is wrong, you avoid the topic and switch to personal insults. Yeah, I'm so impressed.

This thread reminds me of the Silent Bob Strikes Back movie - the bunch of 14 year olds....

It's true I don't really care about these posts in the sense of what people say just for the sake of not admitting a point or just for their minor pleasure in what they perceive to be some jab.

And it is true I like to throw words back - especially when it is so obvious that the person(s) doing so are behaving exactly what they attempt to accuse me of. The irony of it is amusing - as now. So yes, that's exactly what I did in this thread - but that is really a reflection of the OTHER person, not what I normally post. I don't start out with cheap shots (see Fraggle, Graf and Hottie for good examples). That's pure B.S from people desperate for some sort of recognition :)

Now look at my original post. What exactly did I say? Who tried to defend some minor distinction? Graf did. Who couldn't see that if a program compiles in both C and C++ it is a de facto C program (NOT C++).
Last edited by randomlag on Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
randomlag
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2003

Postby randomlag » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:34 am

Cyb wrote:well isn't C also valid C++, I mean you can compile pretty much any C code in a C++ compiler (as long as you don't have any C++ keywords like new, delete etc used in the C code), so anything in C is also in C++ (C++ is a superset of C, check)... but then if you code something in C++ that isn't valid C, it's in C++. So C is C++ but C++ is not C, unless you code the C++ to be valid C, because C is C++, so C++ can be C, but only because you've coded the C++ in C, and since C is valid C++ you now have code that is C and C++, even though it doesn't use anything specific to C++, because C is C++.

What were we talking about again?


That's right :lol: You guys need to look up what it means to be C++. If you don't use any C++ features, then it's not C++. All it means is that you are using some enhanced compiler syntax checking, not C++ per se. It is really that simple - if you can compile it as C then is C for god's sake, since that is de facto proof.

Basically all the definitinons include something like this: C++ is an object-oriented programming language based on the C language.

Thus if you don't have any objects, nor use any C++ specific features, then all you are using is the C subset. IOW, it's C, not C++. So just because you compiled it with C++ settings didn't change the underlying basis of the code. This is so obvious that it's making me laugh as I write this.

Here's some links to get some egos to wake up and smell the roses:

http://kb.indiana.edu/data/aewf.html?cu ... 3.60363.30

http://www.marconi.com/html/glossary/glossaryc.htm

http://www.saugus.net/Computer/Terms/
User avatar
randomlag
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2003

Postby randomlag » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:12 am

Sphagne wrote:Heh, The Forum-Troll Formerly Known as Steve T is fighting for his domain against a self-admitted troll, I wonder who will come out as the winner! :D

You got that wrong. I don't troll period. Let's get the definition correct shall we:

Trolling is going after somebody (following their posts) with the sole purpose of harassing them. Clearly Hottie does that over and over and doesn't get it that nobody wants that sort of thing in any forum. And of course Fraggle's is also a pure troll post since he never posts here (sorry I find that funny that he did exactly what he's trying to accuse me of - must have been alerted by one of the DW troops :)

That Fraggle quote (out of context from a private email) only says that I throw people's words back at them and toy with them when they attempt to get nasty (as in this thread). That is not the same as trolling. Sort of like calling C C++ :wink:

Again, trolling is what Fraggle and Hottie just did and Graf when he ran out of ideas. Trolling is the pure act of looking for someone and try to inject some personal vendetta since they can't handle any factual discussion objectively without getting their egos involved.
User avatar
randomlag
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2003

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:06 pm

Question of the day:


What's the big difference between HotWax and RandomLag?


Answer:


HotWax is funny, RandomLag just annoying.


(and that's the last thing I have to say about these pointless ramblings! Don't even bother to post here anymore. I won't read it anyway.)
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Location: Germany

Postby Bio Hazard » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:49 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:HotWax is funny, RandomLag just annoying.


OMG if that wasant so true...


actually HotWax... a lot of threads start with you being sarcastic, then RL takes you seriously and then we all laugh at you both...

and BTW...

RandomLag, you are a troll by your definition of the word. thanks for clearing that up for me cause i wasant sure...


and the bigest reason i dont like deepsea is because if i used it id be supporting <i>you</i> blech!
User avatar
Bio Hazard
Lord of the Lord of Nitpicking.
 
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Location: ferret ~/C/ZDL $

PreviousNext

Return to Closed Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest