[Fixed] Teleporter Bug in Caldera add-on for Hexen.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Anonymous

Teleporter Bug in Caldera add-on for Hexen.

Post by Anonymous »

Got a teleporter problem in the Caldera add-on for Hexen that only shows up in ZDoom. In the level "Valles de Morte", a teleporter isn't working in the part of the level where you get the 'sigil of the magus' item.

Level coordinates of nonfunctioning teleporter:

X: -2592
Y: 1565
Z: -192

Level: "Valles de Morte" in Caldera add-on for Hexen.

This may be a problem strictly on the level-side of things, but I'm sure it's a ZDoom problem because as before on the "Vaults" bug, this teleporter works alright in jHexen.

ZDoom version used: 2.0.47i

Hold off on responding, need to retest using v2.0.52.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Problem still present w/ 2.0.52. Here's a much better screenshot.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

I've played that wad with vanilla Hexen and with the Korax mod, and I never noticed anything wrong in that map.

(btw, how do you get the holy relic? I've never been able to work that one out)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Here's how to get the Holy Relic.

In the building you entered to get it, look around. You'll notice one area where the stained glass windows are broken and the ceiling has collapsed.

Now look around at the ceiling on the opposite side of the room. If you look closely enough, you should see an area between two columns where a piece of the ceiling and has fallen and you can see the sky.

Now walk up onto the base of the column that is nearest the piece of fallen ceiling. If you chose the right column, you should hear a noise and you'll notice that the column has moved little bit. Walk up onto the base of the next column to the left. You should hear the same noise and it should move a little bit also.

Keep walking up onto the bases of these two columns so that they keep moving, and eventually the ceiling between them will collapse. This will shatter the stained glass window and you'll be able to get the Holy Relic.

I discovered this completely by accident.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Thanks!
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Fixed, although it's really more of a map bug than a ZDoom bug. That teleporter sends you to some teleport smoke instead of an actual teleport spot. ZDoom was doing exactly what it was supposed to; it just wasn't what the map expected.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Does this mean that a teleport destination in Hexen could be anything, not just a teleport exit?
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Graf Zahl wrote:Does this mean that a teleport destination in Hexen could be anything, not just a teleport exit?
O_O telefrag an imp anytime...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Wasn't there a problem with one of the original Hexen maps using a map spot as a teleport destination that was fixed some time ago? Sounds like Hexen wasn't too fussy about what it used as a destination.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Enjay wrote:Wasn't there a problem with one of the original Hexen maps using a map spot as a teleport destination that was fixed some time ago? Sounds like Hexen wasn't too fussy about what it used as a destination.
Ok, I just checked Hexen's source. It really doesn't check the type of the destination so you can use anything as destination.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

I think it's only a matter of time until someone makes a level with moving teleport destinations now (imps anyone?).
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It wouldn't surprise me. Think about an invisible thing running through the level acting like a monster that's used as teleport destination. It's almost certain that someone will abuse it.
Ty Halderman
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ty Halderman »

I guess this is related to the WAD someone (leha?) put up showing an imp being used as a camera. If we can use anything as a camera or teleport destination, that would make for some fantastic scripting opportunities.

I vote it not be changed if it does work that way now. It wouldn't break any old wads, and you wouldn't have to figure out where something is to do something to it.

I know, no one said this was a poll :roll:
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It might break some WADs which have the same tid for a teleport destionation and for something else. Then again, I'd consider that a mapping bug so I don't care.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Graf Zahl wrote:It might break some WADs which have the same tid for a teleport destionation and for something else. Then again, I'd consider that a mapping bug so I don't care.
Apparently those wads would work as they always have...

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”