[Fixed] Teleporter Bug in Caldera add-on for Hexen.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Unless there is a difference in how Zdoom and Hexen handle multiple destinations with the same tid. Zdoom certainly randomises teleport landings with the same tid, but I don't know if Hexen did.

Also, I have a vague recollection of something Randy said when he fixed things so that the map that used a map spot instead of a telepport landing would work. I think Zdoom looks for teleport destinations with a matching tid first, then if it doesn't find one it searches for map spots. If teleport destinations continue to get priority in an even wider search of thing types, then if a teleport landing and a monster (or whatever) share a tid, then the teleport landing would get priority when a teleport was activated.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Enjay wrote:Unless there is a difference in how Zdoom and Hexen handle multiple destinations with the same tid. Zdoom certainly randomises teleport landings with the same tid, but I don't know if Hexen did.

Hexen did that, too.

Also, I have a vague recollection of something Randy said when he fixed things so that the map that used a map spot instead of a telepport landing would work. I think Zdoom looks for teleport destinations with a matching tid first, then if it doesn't find one it searches for map spots. If teleport destinations continue to get priority in an even wider search of thing types, then if a teleport landing and a monster (or whatever) share a tid, then the teleport landing would get priority when a teleport was activated.

That's the way it has been before and that's the way it should remain. Teleport destinations should have priority. If not, what would be the point in using them?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Graf Zahl wrote:Teleport destinations should have priority. If not, what would be the point in using them?
I agree fully. But apparently at least someone at Raven didn't share our POV and didn't use them - they used a map spot once and the author of Caldera obviously thought teleport landings were pointless because they used the teleport smoke item instead. (Probably both genuine mistakes.)

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”