Certain jpeg causing parser crash

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Certain jpeg causing parser crash

Post by Rachael »

I am not really sure what or why or how, but a certain file is causing the JPEG parser to return an error which GZDoom does not handle correctly.

The file in question is this one: https://github.com/OrdinaryMagician/spo ... credit.jpg (direct download link here)

Simply add it to GZDoom via -file using Doom 1 or 2, and wait for the demo loop to start. (Since it skips demos anyhow)
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Certain jpeg causing parser crash

Post by Player701 »

Doesn't crash for me on g3.7pre-771-g4a83f4d25. The picture is rendered normally without any artifacts.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

It may be that it only crashes libjpeg-turbo but not the old version whose source is in the repo.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I completely nuked the CMake folder of my dev environment and recreated it, and the problem is gone. I really don't know what caused it or why, but I guess a file got corrupted or something at some point.

My guess is, since it is on a RAM disk that gets saved every so often so that I don't have to constantly recompile GZDoom after every reboot, that a file got corrupted in one of the live saves.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”