Load Game Bug

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
AntonZab

Load Game Bug

Post by AntonZab »

In gzdoom-g3.5pre-50-g211bd0b1b.7z and 3.4.1 have a bug. When you run Gzdoom and press Load Game - The game freezes. When press F3 - all words from the menu become invisible.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Load Game Bug

Post by Rachael »

Considering the OP can't reply to this anymore, I am suspecting even further problems with Windows XP in this particular case. Do we have anyone willing to load Windows XP into a VM or anything who can give us further information about this?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Let's close this. If this happens to someone with overheating issues it's either the system shutting down to protect the hardware or the hardware already being damaged by the heat.
If it was something more common and/or reproducable I think we'd have had other reports already.
XxMiltenXx
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by XxMiltenXx »

Since I have a Windows XP VM up and running in Oracle VM VirtualBox, I thought I'd give it a try.

Running vanilla Doom 2 on gzdoom-g3.5pre-50-g211bd0b1b, loading and saving works fine, however I also got it to freeze:
If I just run through MAP01 and exit, everything works fine, however, if I use IDDQD and IDKFA first, and then exit the level, it will freeze during the stat screen before showing the percentages. If I only use IDDQD OR IDKFA, then it will work.

Also, the game crashes upon exitting. I attached the crash report below.
CrashReport.zip
(25.21 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

It crashes inside VirtualBox OpenGL driver. Nothing can be done about it.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”