OpenGL 2 - GreenMap Colormap does nothing

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

OpenGL 2 - GreenMap Colormap does nothing

Post by Guest »

Please see the included wad. The Sphere on the Left uses the GreenMap, and the one on the right uses RedMap for comparison.

https://nofile.io/f/hhA7yGxBAkD/OpenGL+ ... MapBug.zip

With OpenGL 2, If you give a powerup the "GreenMap" Color map, the screen does not change color, it gets brighter, but the colors remain the same. This does not happen OpenGL 3.3 or 4.

I know OpenGL 2 is no longer being worked on, but I figured I'd report it just in case.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: OpenGL 2 - GreenMap Colormap does nothing

Post by Rachael »

In earlier GL versions this required a texture swap, which AFAIK was removed in the current implementation. In fact the GL2 code is kind of just an addon to the reworked GL3.3+ code.

I doubt that the texture swaps are going to be reimplemented.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: OpenGL 2 - GreenMap Colormap does nothing

Post by Graf Zahl »

In GL2 the colormaps are implemented as a multiplicative overlay for performance reasons. The GreenMap happens to be translated into a color that's nearly white so it won't have much of an effect.
The old texture swap was fine as long as small maps were played with no hi-res textures present, but it had been showing performance problems all the time when it was still part of the engine. It doesn't play well at all with the stuff that's getting made today and which requires a more recent GZDoom version.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”