Anyone else having problems with .deh files?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
SiFi270

Anyone else having problems with .deh files?

Post by SiFi270 »

Maybe I should start by explaining how I load files. I have them sorted into folders like "Memento Mori series" and "Samsara", and inside each of these folders is a shortcut to GZDoom that I drag and drop the necessary files onto. But lately, when one or more of those files has been a .wad with one or more separate .dehs, I get a warning before the program starts saying "could not open dehacked patch" followed by the directory and filename. The files I've tried this with include Obituary (both with and without the weapons addon), Mordeth, STRAIN, a version of Aliens TC released in 2000 for compatibility with Ultimate Doom, and even Alien Vendetta, which as far as I know only changes the text. I'm using version 3.2.3, and I didn't have the problem when I tried it with 2.1.1, which is my go-to version when I think to myself, "but it used to work, right?"

I have no idea what I could be doing wrong, unless the method of loading files that I got so used to was always dumb and inefficient and now it's finally starting to have consequences?
_mental_

Re: Anyone else having problems with .deh files?

Post by _mental_ »

This bug was already reported but it was fixed after 3.2.3 release.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”