Page 1 of 2

Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:07 pm
by doodoofart1672
here they are

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:11 pm
by wildweasel
Any explanation of what these actually do?

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 am
by NightFright
After taking a quick look in SLADE, it's a bunch of maps with super-simple design (1-2 small rooms) where "fun" enemies like Archviles and Cyberdemons spawn in super-dickish positions, basically insta-death. Not even good enough for jokewads.

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:39 pm
by doodoofart1672
oh yeah heres the 2 expansion

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:01 pm
by Kappes Buur
It's all well and good that people create a first minimal map/set to show off their creativity.
But in all fairness, such minimal maps would best be placed into a new category: Sandbox.

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:21 am
by doodoofart1672
Kappes Buur wrote:It's all well and good that people create a first minimal map/set to show off their creativity.
But in all fairness, such minimal maps would best be placed into a new category: Sandbox.
is that a good thing or a bad thing i cant tell

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:30 am
by NightFright
Also, never a good idea to just throw stuff at people without telling them what it actually is. I know you guys want attention and count on common curiosity, but forcing anyone to take a look at your stuff this way is really bad.

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:45 am
by Kappes Buur
doodoofart1672 wrote:is that a good thing or a bad thing i cant tell
It is a good thing in as much as that you are taking up mapping and getting involved with the community, but it is not so good with respect to the contents of your maps.

For the quality of the maps it would have been better if you had, from the beginning, just mentioned that this is your first excursion into doom mapping and invited suggestions for what could be done better, and criticism about the mapping style. Therefore I suggested the idea of Sandbox, where those new to mapping can present their offerings.

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:30 am
by axredneck
Also it's always good to post some screenshots

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:24 am
by doodoofart1672
axredneck wrote:Also it's always good to post some screenshots
no

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:22 am
by NightFright
I dunno if that's a troll answer or not. You might not be confident enough about your creations to post screenshots, but you can't just expect people to jump into the cold water and find out by themselves. Like that, pretty much nobody will try it out, anyway.

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:18 am
by wildweasel
Alright, fine. I downloaded one of them, specifically to post screenshots for you, since you've refused to do so yourself. And I'm not terribly amused about it.

[imgur]https://imgur.com/s32heig[/imgur]
And around the corner...
[imgur]https://imgur.com/vp4X7rG[/imgur]

These are pretty much just really bad attempts at troll maps. I think we, as a community, are well past the point where these things were funny.

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:42 am
by AlphaSoraKun
I can't tell if this is trying to be funny. But based on the screenshots posted by the boss. Yeah... I think I've seen enough to know that this is not funny. This is unprofessional at worst.

I'm sorry for this post.

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:09 pm
by doodoofart1672
AlphaSoraKun wrote:I can't tell if this is trying to be funny. But based on the screenshots posted by the boss. Yeah... I think I've seen enough to know that this is not funny. This
wildweasel wrote:Alright, fine. I downloaded one of them, specifically to post screenshots for you, since you've refused to do so yourself. And I'm not terribly amused about it.

[imgur]https://imgur.com/s32heig[/imgur]
And around the corner...
[imgur]https://imgur.com/vp4X7rG[/imgur]

These are pretty much just really bad attempts at troll maps. I think we, as a community, are well past the point where these things were funny.
yeah but i made them as a sandbox thing kind of and there is more maps and i tried harder in the sequel

Re: Doom but somethings off 1, 2, and expansions

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:55 am
by Kinsie
doodoofart1672 wrote:yeah but i made them as a sandbox thing kind of and there is more maps and i tried harder in the sequel
Image
Try harderer.