Automap line color for non locked doors

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Automap line color for non locked doors

Postby Misery » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Mikk- wrote:This isn't the first time I've seen you post something that isn't actually helpful or insightful, just an attempt to have some input on a thread without even a second thought.

Well, you're a pretentious little prick, aren't you. I specified it was a quote referrin' to somethin' else, but it still had applications here. The point is the game can't differentiate between a door and another sector. So neither can the automap. A door is jus' a sector with a ceiling that raises. His question did not pertain to only trigger lines, it was about doors. I try to help people because people have helped me. It has nothin' to do with tryin' to be a part of somethin'. This absolutely DOES NOT give you the right to insult me if I am wrong about something. Do not speak to me in such a condescending manner again.

User was warned for this post --Caligari87
Misery

Re: Automap line color for non locked doors

Postby Caligari87 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Misery wrote:The point is the game can't differentiate between a door and another sector. So neither can the automap.

This is incorrect as the automap colors locked doors according to the key they need and certainly could do some custom color for unlocked door specials if such a feature was added.

Also, Mikk is right, you often comment incorrect information on threads without understanding what's going on, and you behave badly when called out for it, as seen here. You're the one being a "pretentious little prick" and you've earned a warning for it.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Misery » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm

It does not reflect locked DOORS, it reflects locked LINEDEFS. A door is not a linedef, but I suppose you knew that since you know everything. And I am not "often wrong", you arrogant creep. I am wrong sometimes, but I have never had a problem with bein' corrected. But since I apparently give some terrible help, then I will happily never post on anyone else's thread ever again. I will only post for me. Problem solved, and you can go back to belittling somebody else.
Misery

Postby Caligari87 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Okay, you're taking a week off. Behave better next time.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness