imgur

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Re: imgur

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 am

Kinsie, can you please stop.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Discord: 霧雨魔理沙#1666
Twitch ID: magusmarisa
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: imgur

Postby Rachael » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:22 am

Kinsie wrote:"This useful program that lets you quickly and easily use an image host while bypassing itsinsistence on shoving internet advertising down your throat sucks because it still uses a service, so instead I'll turn off my adblocker on that service and let it give my computer herpes. This makes sense!"

I give up, I shouldn't have even bothered.

Marisa Kirisame wrote:Kinsie, can you please stop.

While I can understand the desire for not wanting Kinsie to vent his frustration in such a sarcastic way (and very much have a desire for that myself), I think what is equally bad is ignoring what got him there in the first place, at least in this instance.

Kinsie was honest to god trying to help the guy, who tried his advice, didn't like it, and tried to go a different route - specifically the route that he was trying to help him avoid in the first place. Have you ever had someone do that to you? If you haven't, then maybe I am speaking into a paper void here. But I've had someone do that to me and it is very frustrating - so I very much can understand Kinsie's reaction.

I'm not saying it's right to react this way - I am just saying it's wrong to ignore what got him there. "I give up, I shouldn't have even bothered" is a statement as clear as day, and it should be perfectly clear what happened here and the intent behind Kinsie's post, which was not nearly as hostile as his reaction to it may have seemed.

This thread has outlived its usefulness. No one is getting a warning for this.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness