No Private Messages

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

No Private Messages

Postby Guapler » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:27 pm

1stly wildweasel made a music topic be disabled, 2ndly Rachael shuts off any talk about Identity Theft, 3rdly and finally after Caligari87 to whom I answered plainly as was asked, not my question, something made private messages to be disabled and thus cannot perform some of promises made to certain people nor ask to contact them about alternative ways. I was too fast to say, quote, "ZDoom is the best compared to others," I felt. Never have had that at any forum in my eternity. Would anybody offer an explanation? Came with dead silence, an unpleasant accident.
Guapler

Re: No Private Messages

Postby wildweasel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Private messages were disabled for you because the staff were receiving multiple reports of you sending messages that were, frankly, kind of creepy and definitely unwanted. Our logs indicate you've spent more time PMing the people who replied to your thread than you've spent contributing in literally any other way. The staff and I agreed that the best course of action was to disable the PM system for you.

Which is a reply I was trying to write to you in your previous thread, before you deleted it.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Re: No Private Messages

Postby Rachael » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:08 pm

1) Music topic: Exactly what wildweasel said for closing it. We had one before and it was mostly just a postcount++ part two, lagtric boogaloo.
2) Identity Theft thread: it was attracting negative attention and overall the constructive responses in that thread were few if any. Such threads typically devolve fast and another moderator stated that it would've gone to the bin anyhow so I just helped him with it since the tools were not as handy for him at the time.
3) Private messages: I don't know as much about this one, I can only go with what I was told as to the decision why that was taken from you. But I did see some of the PM's that apparently caused it, as they started getting pasted in various places.
4) And your next complaint will no doubt be this thread: Same as reason 2, but more pre-emptive this time - it's not what "happened" in this one, it's what's "going to happen". I've watched this movie a hundred times before, I already know the ending. Best to nip this one in the bud.

Ultimately, we are trying to keep this place peaceful, and our actions are geared toward that philosophy. You've a lot of posts for a mere two days of being as active as you have been. I think it would help if you slowed down a little bit, here.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness