IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFIX

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFIX

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:46 am

BTW instructions are not clear and none of the .txt explains how to launch the game. It's counter-intuitive to have all of the game files just unzipped all over the folder, being mixed and lost with the rest of the files from previous mods you download, and have .bats to launch the game for you. People get used to download the mods in a solid pk3\pk7\wad\zips and just push them in to ZDL and play peacefully as that is a much easier and more mundane way to play doom mods. In some of the .txt it even say to NOT drop all of the files in to gzdoom.exe folder, even though after messing around I've found
out that that you actually NEED to drop these files in to gzdoom.exe folder, otherwise these .bats are 100% not functional at all.

You really should state that in the instructions on how to launch it, as I though the gzdoom or some other type of port\launcher is already installed in to these huge +2GB of hardware space, yet .txt file say otherwise. Besides, such file-full mods I always unzip in separate folder rather than in gzdoom folder just to not make a mess and remember which exact file are from which mod exactly. Why not just compress these files in to a single pk3 for easier of executions? I bet it would confuse people less. Just execute the "HD" and "brutal" files so people could load them separately.



Yeah... Also, it took me a while to realize that the game also request heretic.wad instead of doom2.wad, since nowhere in the description, nor the .txt files did metnion that.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 27 Jan 2016

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.2: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:30 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:BTW instructions are not clear and none of the .txt explains how to launch the game. It's counter-intuitive to have all of the game files just unzipped all over the folder, being mixed and lost with the rest of the files from previous mods you download, and have .bats to launch the game for you. People get used to download the mods in a solid pk3\pk7\wad\zips and just push them in to ZDL and play peacefully as that is a much easier and more mundane way to play doom mods. In some of the .txt it even say to NOT drop all of the files in to gzdoom.exe folder, even though after messing around I've found
out that that you actually NEED to drop these files in to gzdoom.exe folder, otherwise these .bats are 100% not functional at all.


Read the README. Its there for a reason.

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:You really should state that in the instructions on how to launch it, as I though the gzdoom or some other type of port\launcher is already installed in to these huge +2GB of hardware space, yet .txt file say otherwise. Besides, such file-full mods I always unzip in separate folder rather than in gzdoom folder just to not make a mess and remember which exact file are from which mod exactly.


its up to you where you want to put the extracted files.. read the Readme please.......


MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Why not just compress these files in to a single pk3 for easier of executions? I bet it would confuse people less. Just execute the "HD" and "brutal" files so people could load them separately.


packing everything into a single PK3 yea, tried that, made 1000 problems out of it most of it "Missing texture issues"

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Yeah... Also, it took me a while to realize that the game also request heretic.wad instead of doom2.wad, since nowhere in the description, nor the .txt files did metnion that.


The Readme is quite clear.. i mean whats the point of having a readme if no one reads me?

Sorry if this sounds a bit snarky but If the instructions arent clear for you, then perhaps you should try a different mod. Im sorry the OCD is difficult to control, but there it is...
Last edited by irontusk341 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFIX

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:07 am

irontusk341 wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:BTW instructions are not clear and none of the .txt explains how to launch the game. It's counter-intuitive to have all of the game files just unzipped all over the folder, being mixed and lost with the rest of the files from previous mods you download, and have .bats to launch the game for you. People get used to download the mods in a solid pk3\pk7\wad\zips and just push them in to ZDL and play peacefully as that is a much easier and more mundane way to play doom mods. In some of the .txt it even say to NOT drop all of the files in to gzdoom.exe folder, even though after messing around I've found
out that that you actually NEED to drop these files in to gzdoom.exe folder, otherwise these .bats are 100% not functional at all.


Read the README. Its there for a reason.

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:You really should state that in the instructions on how to launch it, as I though the gzdoom or some other type of port\launcher is already installed in to these huge +2GB of hardware space, yet .txt file say otherwise. Besides, such file-full mods I always unzip in separate folder rather than in gzdoom folder just to not make a mess and remember which exact file are from which mod exactly.


its up to you where you want to put the extracted files.. read the Readme please.......


MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Why not just compress these files in to a single pk3 for easier of executions? I bet it would confuse people less. Just execute the "HD" and "brutal" files so people could load them separately.


packing everything into a single PK3 yea, tried that, made 1000 problems out of it most of it "Missing texture issues"

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Yeah... Also, it took me a while to realize that the game also request heretic.wad instead of doom2.wad, since nowhere in the description, nor the .txt files did metnion that.


The Readme is quite clear.. i mean whats the point of having a readme if no one reads me?

Sorry if this sounds a bit snarky but If the instructions arent clear for you, then perhaps you should try a different mod. Im sorry the OCD is difficult to control, but there it is...


These were literally the .txt I was talking about earlier, and everything I've just said coming from me actually reading them. I mean, I wouldn't post in first case and talk about these .txt if I didn't read them. Before this may grow in to another meaningless rattle with another false accusation reply, I'd have to backup my words with actual proof. There are exactly two .txt files in the .rars I've download, one is called README & PATCH NOTES 4.0.txt and the other README & PATCH NOTES 4.2.txt. Let's open them, shall we?

So we see the 1. SPECIFICATIONS and 2. README/STORY (MUST READ BEFORE PLAYING): and in either of these there is nothing about the placement, installation and requirement of the other files and programms in order to launch the mod. Nothing about the need of the heretic.wad instead of doom2.wad in order to play. Neither even did it mention about which version of GZDoom I need in order to play it, as some of the new dev.builds did not want to launch it. All it said is that you need to launch .bat files and somehow magically it will launch the game on it's own:


In fact, it even said "NOTE: (DRAGGING PK3 AND WAD FILES INTO GZDOOM.EXE DIRECTLY IS NOT RECOMMENDED WITH THIS MOD, & I WROTE THE BATCH FILES TO HELP LOAD THE ORDER FOR YOU)", just like I've described in my original post:

However, now that I've noticed, it didn't used word "folder", although it's logical to assume that's what it meant. But when people do mention dragging files in to certain folder, they just mention the .exe that is located in that folder, otherwise they would mention the word "launcher" itself.

There is also "9. HOW TO EXTRACT AND PLAY (FOR FIRST TIME ZDOOM PLAYERS)" but after attempting to CTRL+F in the .txt file and after prolonged research in attempt to find it, I've had to accept that there is none of such thing. There is, however, some mysterious "-THE ESSENTIAL FUN PART-" burried somewhere between "known issues" and changelog for some reason, but it basically say exactly same thing it says in the SPECIFICATIONS category.


To be specifically clear, I've had to CTRL+F "heretic" to confirm that it is indeed did not say anything about requirement of this one file. No, just because it mentions that it uses some files from Brutal Heretic does not automatically mean I need Heretic.wad in order to play it, just like the case of Heretical Doom mod that actually require doom2.wad despite it's using Brutal Heretic content in it.

Both README & PATCH NOTES 4.0.txt and README & PATCH NOTES 4.2.txt contain exact same information, as if they were copy-pasted. There is no more "readme" files in either of these two .rars that you've upload, there all the files they contain:




Oh and just in case, I did actually double-check the thread's OP. No "readme" in there either. I hope you don't need screenshot for that for another proof.

For the instructions to be clear, there needs to be instructions to begin with. There was absolute no need for elaboration of projections about your OCD issue, as I've only tried to give you hand to make things more clear for other people on this forum rather than me, because I've figured that out myself eventually as you see, otherwise I wouldn't make my original post in the first case.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 27 Jan 2016

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Postby irontusk341 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 am

Look... ok..

i cant spell it out for you and hold you hand through this... You are making it WAYYYYYY more complicated than its supposed to be.

you cant write OCD like instructions, i mean if its that complicated for you... move on to a different mod.

The instructions are in the first post.. there are instructions in the read me... how many places do you need instructions????

You are literally the FIRST person EVER to make something so simple and turn it into a OCD's playbox.

This is a SS of the instructions on the first page... GO to the first page and READ it. If that still isnt good enough... go play a another mod.
Attachments
SS instructions.jpg
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:13 am

irontusk341 wrote:Look... ok..

i cant spell it out for you and hold you hand through this... You are making it WAYYYYYY more complicated than its supposed to be.

you cant write OCD like instructions, i mean if its that complicated for you... move on to a different mod.

The instructions are in the first post.. there are instructions in the read me... how many places do you need instructions????

You are literally the FIRST person EVER to make something so simple and turn it into a OCD's playbox.

This is a SS of the instructions on the first page... GO to the first page and READ it. If that still isnt good enough... go play a another mod.


Dude... For the third time I must say it again, I'm not asking it for my self, I'm asking it so it would be easier for everybody else. Like I said, it's rather counter-intuitive for mod to: 1) request heretic.wad instead of doom2.wad, that should be mentioned somewhere. 2) no clear readme saying which version of gzdoom you need in order to play it, neither does it mention you need all of the gzdoom files in the same folder to begin with. 3) .bats are overall not very comfortable thing to use, as most people would prefer a compiled single file to launch on ZDL. First time I hear that compiling all of these files in to a single .pk3 would cause problems, especially sprites and models that you would just load after the main file in order for it to work.

Most people seem to just mundane unzip all the files in to their average "folder for all things and purposes" folder that contains all sorts of wads and launchers, and do not bother with it. I don't do that as that would make a mess so I unzip most mods in separate folders so it would be easier to find them. Or they just didn't care to post about it for everyone else once they manage it to work for them. I can't speak for other people like you can't.

But nice move of you actually just editing the thread's OP and including the line ":!: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF DOOMGUY, READ THE README FILE. :!:" and "INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD/INSTALL/RUN THE GAME" just now, kinda silly of me to not make the screenshot just in time. Funny it doesn't mention neither the necessity of heretic.wad or which gzdoom versions it can play on and which it can't play on.

I was just trying to be nice and help to make things more clear. But fine, if you so please to remain this dense, I won't talk about it anymore. Have a very nice day.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 27 Jan 2016

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Postby Rachael » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:08 pm

MaxRideWizardLord - sometimes you get so particular that you start pissing people off and I get reports and PM's about you.

I'm going to tempban you for 3 weeks. For this, and for many past things where you've barely skirted by the rules, but still managing to piss people off.

What this really comes down to is - you need to learn to respect people's boundaries and tolerances. Not everyone has a massive tolerance for the shit you pull on them. And when they get so pissed off that they need to involve an administrator, you've already crossed the line.

This has been a long time coming.

TL;DR: Don't be an annoying git. Use your fucking head for once and figure shit out on your own, instead of pestering people.
User avatar
Rachael
Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support


Return to Hall of Unpleasantness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BLEX [Bot] and 1 guest