Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZdoom!

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby silentw » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Also, is nobody going to mention that this is literally Quake 1-era config scripting and nothing anyone else couldn't do in ... 30 seconds? Calling this a 'mod' is... well, a weird joke. I guess your jokes ARE very weird!
User avatar
silentw
learning is not optional, STEVE
 
Joined: 20 May 2016

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby killbotvii » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 pm

JadedLexi wrote:[PICTURE]
So you're going to pretend that you never said this? It seems very in line with what Terminus has said about you and you have apparently harassed him and other mod creators in the past and now. So, you're going to just pretend that those were "jokes"? Are you going to pretend that this is a "Joke"? I don't think the person who sent this in would edit it at all, btw. How convenient that you say "I've never posted that stuff" when it comes into question and here's proof.

I had sympathy for MaxRideWizardLord until you shared this. There's no wiggle room here, that's just plain harassment.
killbotvii
 
Joined: 03 Jun 2015

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 pm

JadedLexi wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
JadedLexi wrote:Are you going to say your comments about Guncaster elsewhere are jokes too?


Pretty sure the only comments I've said about Guncaster on forum were either objective feedback on bugs and constructive critique about either if something feel weak, or needs to be adjusted\added. The only place where did I've talk about Guncaster in non-forum platform was youtube comment section, and it was mostly me saying spells are weak in comparison LONG time ago (back when they trully were) and that GC lore can be pushy, that's about it. I can't remember absolutely everything, but anything of what I've listed are not jokes.

https://i.imgur.com/ILTfCBw.png
So you're going to pretend that you never said this? It seems very in line with what Terminus has said about you and you have apparently harassed him and other mod creators in the past and now. So, you're going to just pretend that those were "jokes"? Are you going to pretend that this is a "Joke"? I don't think the person who sent this in would edit it at all, btw. How convenient that you say "I've never posted that stuff" when it comes into question and here's proof.


Oh, that recent reply... Funny how you found a youtube comment to some user's post with similar name as me (it could be me, or it couldn't be me. Just because we have similar nickname and avatar this doesn't mean it's same user. Someone could create a new youtube account and call it JadedLexi and use avatar as you, and spread lots of heresy of you, would this make that person be you? There been cases already where doom players were substituted according to rumors I've heard), yet completely pulled this out of context, and yet tried to represent it as stand alone message toward PillowBlaster to use this as argument.

Well, for the beginning, I want to mention that it's just a reply to other youtube user who seems jump to conclusion and used far more aggressive manner than MaxRideWizardLord, along with other people that reply to said user; while MaxRideWizardLord, act as neutral person and support two of both worlds, thus instead of being one-sided bigot, provide MaxRideWizardLord's own two cents on the matter.

The whole dialogue you can see here - https://i.imgur.com/ThD23mV.png (not everything did manage to fit in, sorry) For these who are curious, it's ICARUSLIV3S review video about guncaster.

First of all, I'd like to remind to you that it's youtube comment section, and there is no "profanity language" rules, since it's the only thing that the comment you mentioned is guilty of. Also, please notice that the MaxRideWizardLord in the comment you choose, unlike the rest of users of that comment chain, did not resort to ad hominem, nor used personal insults.
Second, if you actually read the whole thing, you would've notice that in that comment MaxRideWizardLord actually defend the PillowBlaster mod by explaining that the OP is a bit exaggerated with his unjustified conclusion toward the mod and that it can be easily ignored if you actually imagine that you play as something else other than reptilian creature, and MaxRideWizardLord wanted to explain to OP that even things that MaxRideWizardLord dislike himself about that mod, easily outweighed by the fact that the mod is actually very fun to play regardless.
Third, there is nothing offensive toward the author, nor the mod itself in the comment you're nitpicking about; but it's rather the person's perspective and FEEL toward the world. None of that can be considered as joke, neither of that can be considered as insult toward the mod or author, but as opinion and objective critique toward the mod itself independently, even if used profanity language.

After all these fallacies, you call it as proof of me posting "jokes" into questions.

Alright, let's assume for further dialogue that this one youtube comment was actually posted by me. But no, opinion is still opinion, and despite the fact that the comment itself pulled of context as it was mere a reply to some user who seems eagerly hating furries and alluding said mod to furries, I've never did insult the mod nor the creator. In fact, I actually pretty much love and adore his work, that's why I never post my two cents regarding his mod on actual Guncaster forum, even in polite manner, just to not bother (or as you call, "harass") PillowBlaster, that you seem to assume I would. That's why I also so precisely try to find all possible bugs and report them on forum to help the project grow. However, that doesn't automatically mean there cannot exist things that I may really dislike about the mod.

To be honest, I would even repeat myself. The Guncaster is all great mod, but like everything else in this world, it have some flaws that it seems not only me in noticing, otherwise my comment wouldn't have likes which you cut off, nor OP would have started his " youtube comment chain thread" to begin with. Some of the flaws are, as I've just said in previous message to you, the lore is WAY too pushy, and traits of said character is mentioned to billion times to a point you just start to feel uncomfortable hearing it. The worse flaw is that the said character of this mod have way too forced offensive opinion toward magic just because it's an effective tool that his enemies, according to fictional lore, did use. I wouldn't even be afraid to call it cringeworthy, which literally translates to worthy of a cringe, or cringe inducing, because these aspects about this mod is what makes me feel really uncomfortable. I even had to edit out all these soundfiles and unnecessarily verbose dialogues just to feel more happy about playing his, again, an really awesome mod after all. But these issues, like I said before, could be addressed to "lore can be pushy" category that I've never conceal. Note that this is NOT an insult toward the mod, nor the mod creator, but rather my attitude/feel toward certain details of Guncaster mod. The only thing however that I've found that is not exactly correct is when I spontaneously speak for everyone "nobody give a damn about what creature he is", but that's mostly a way of speech, or the idiom.

Possibly the first time I've see some person being so interested in my persona that said person would envistigate his time to look through youtube comment section to find a user with my or similar nick and memorize it for further arguments. Seriously though, what you're doing right now is the real harassment, since you're stalking comments from other internet sources other than ZDoom forum and try to put them here, which is definition of name-and-shame, which is considered as harassment. Not that I care, nor you're the first one who harass me, I just hope that next time you stalk me, you actually read everything and not just pull things out of context, find something to nitpick about to use it as argument and call it day. But what's the main point of all these nitpicking that you've done? I've edit my thread the moment I've got remark from Blue Shadow, so the whole nitpicking is kinda irrelevant.

Rachael wrote:MaxRideWizardLord - you seem very defensive here.

But I am going to give you some wisdom - you might not like it, but I hope you do because this advice is intended to be really helpful.

You know how you can avoid having to defend yourself? Stop doing the actions which require defense. Then you're not stuck in this situation, and you and everyone else can move on with their lives. It saves a LOT of headache in the long run - trust me!

In this case, it means quite simply not to "joke" in the style you are doing it.

Whether you find them funny or not, it should be pretty obvious and clear by now that other people don't, and you're really pitching to a tough audience here. In fact, we're pretty much used to people saying some really nasty stuff and then trying to get out of trouble by saying "lul it was a joke" (even if it really was not, originally). Yeah, that trick doesn't fly here. Don't even think for a moment that we're fooled by such a lame excuse.

So really - save yourself the trouble and the extra step, and we'll forget this whole thing ever happened. Win-win for everyone!


I wouldn't call it being defensive. People post messages directly to me, I reply back to them, nothing hard or personal. Well, maybe other than reply to JadedLexi, since I don't really appreciate when people pull things out of context.

Since I don't really understand what you mean by "avoid defending yourself" since that does not applies to me, nor the "style" of jokes that you're reffering, I just left to assume. Are you saying, not doing actions in which someone can get offended? Well, I find that quite the oxymoron to be honest. People get offended if you're silent and don't reply, people get offended if you're just being toady and just agree with them on everything, and yet I've had people that get offended if I being way too nice to them without the personal jokes or anything like that. Each individual perceive things subjectively. This is the matter that applies not to the creator of "jokes", but the receiver itself mostly. I edited the thread to make it sound least offensive possible, yet people somehow still offended.

As for the Term itself, I certainly rememeber talking with him about my thread where he wasn't really aggressive, and I remember making several screenshots of me and him chating, just in case. Not sure if I made screenshot where I ask him if he get offended or not, but I believe this one bit of piece is me asking his permission about mentioning him. - https://i.imgur.com/7aJVCDO.png?1

This is most likely me asking him if I can mention him on guncaster thread however... There are more text that was cut out, but it's more... private. At least this can serve as solid proof that I've actually spoke with him in a more familiar manner. Besides, if he had said any dissatisfaction to me in IRC, I would have edited it back then. As you can see, he wasn't angry nor said anything toward the thread in IRC nor the Zandronum thread itself; and as you can see, THIS thread was edited same day as I've told that word "crappy" is not really welcome here. If you can tell me how to login in IRC and see ALL of the chatlog that I've ever had between me and Term so I could screenshot it for you, I will.

But personally I don't care if more people get here to write more of their humble opinions about anything, and if they are fallacious or are personal, I would possibly reply to them if I have time. People have fun releasing their steam by putting their opinions on anything, I get more views on this thread as people keep bumping it with derails, people like Spaceman333 notice my thread and enjoy the stay in conversation, giving my mod more view, and I improve my english skill through debating and chating with all of them. Imho, it's the true win-win for everyone. I mean, if term didn't bump this dusted thread, users like Spaceman333 wouldn't even notice this thread to begin with. Maybe it was his actual intentions, who knows? After all, it's them bumping this thread even more with the derail, not me. All I do is just politely reply to everyone of them. However, if you'd wish for this thread to have less derailed replies, then I believe that in order to accomplish such goal, the thread was should have been left the way it was after I was edited it, or at least after I reply to term, rather than nitpick to my persona, edify me or provide trivial wisdom that I assume is obvious to everyone by default. But as the real wisodm goes, anti-advertising is the best advertisement. :P

Spaceman333 wrote:I'd really hate to see both parties escalate to the point where no one gets what they're longing for, so I want to try a little conflict resolution here.

Party A has a strong need for respect for the work they've done.
There is also a need for a type of communication and humor that does not judge, blame or label.

Their request is for Party B to recognize/understand how hurtful their joke was, acknowledge that damage was done, offer empathy to restore the situation and correct future behaviour to jokes and communication that take care to respect any work that it is targeting.

An example of offering empathy is to say this: "I feel torn. My intention was to communicate the idea behind the mod with a joke, but I see that my joke turned out hurtful when I had no intention to. I feel bad that it came out that way and would like to work to correct the situation. I want to try word my jokes better so that I do not end up disrespecting others or their work in the process. I hope you can give me a chance to try again."



Party B has a strong need for effective communication in promoting their mod, as well as need for happiness, lightheartedness and humor when doing so. The intention is to better get the point across and have a joyful time doing so. There is also a need for appreciation for the mod they've shared.

Their request to Party A is understand that they mean no harm, to acknowledge that their intention was to simply communicate the nature/origin of the mod in a way that would be instantly apparent (and bring happiness) and give them another chance to be heard without condemnation. They would also like appreciation for the effort they made of making and releasing the mod, as well as restoring the thread to be dedicated about discussion/feedback of the mod itself.


I hope this can help bring both sides get their needs met and the situation restored to everyones satisfaction. :glomp:


Thank you for your concern.

However, I'd like to mention that I do not just go mindlessly trashing every single mod on forums where these mods are created to begin with, if I didn't talk with the mod creator personally and see if he can handle this kind of humble jokes. If you looked at my IRC screenshot with term, it at least tells you that I spoke with him in more familiar tone, so that doesn't mean I just some random guy that just crap on him. Sure I tend to annoy him on IRC sometimes, and just like my other friends, say "edgy" things about his mod (at least not calling it a "retarded shit" or something like that), but then I at least had to ask him if he got offended by it or not. Who knows, maybe I've said some nasty thing to term a while back in IRC in rather harsh way that I can't remember, still not intentionally to hurt, but at least I ask his permission before posting ANYTHING related to him.

Besides, like I've mentioned a trillion time now (plz no nitpick on number of choice, it's a idiom too), it's already edited out, so there is no real reason to bring it over again.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 26 Jan 2016

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby killbotvii » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:26 pm

D-dude. You just wrote an essay length rebuttal for no good reason. This whole thing would've fizzled out if you just stopped responding, but you're continuing to dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole. Also, are you seriously suggesting that a person with an identical username wrote a comment that just so happens to exactly align with what you've been saying, isn't you? Come on dude.
killbotvii
 
Joined: 03 Jun 2015

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby JadedLexi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:34 pm

I like how you refute it with that post being a ""defense"" of guncaster somehow. it certainly doesn't look like one to me. Term was right,You do have a weird idea of what a defense is and what a joke is.
User avatar
JadedLexi
Maiden of Dawn
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2018
Location: Elsewhere.

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

killbotvii wrote:D-dude. You just wrote an essay length rebuttal for no good reason.


You're welcome.

killbotvii wrote:This whole thing would've fizzled out if you just stopped responding,


But then we wouldn't have such an interesting conversations, do we? and about 850 views

killbotvii wrote:but you're continuing to dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole.


Actually, I'm pretty sure I did remain on same height and same place since I've start typing that message.

killbotvii wrote:Also, are you seriously suggesting that a person with an identical username wrote a comment that just so happens to exactly align with what you've been saying, isn't you? Come on dude.


Where exactly did I suggest that said person insn't me? Please, don't make things up. I said it could be or not couldn't be me. I don't have to validate you anything. However, I can easily create any account I like, with any name I like, and put any avatar I like. Hell, I can even rename old youtube accounts as I please.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 26 Jan 2016

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby leodoom85 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Coincidence or not, fallacy or not, concern or not...this thread caused an action and a reaction. Simple as that.
User avatar
leodoom85
Dodge this.....
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2014
Location: Earth-shaking Chile
Discord: leodoom85#6202

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm just gonna declare "enough already" and shutter the thread. MaxRide, I'm not a fan of how you're conducting yourself - it may be wiser to take a breather and keep your distance for the time being.
User avatar
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby Rachael » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:01 am

For reference: Guy put in a report against Lexi, calling her hostile, making even further excuses for his behavior. Shit we should not have to put up with.

MaxRideWizardLord, I'm going to make this clear: We're not that dumb. Stop treating us like we're gullible fucks who were born yesterday. Don't insult our intelligence. I'm not going to tolerate that, and with all your other behavior here that you keep trying to make excuses for, I'm deciding it's time for you to have a little vacation.

All the shit like, "that was an imposter", "it wasn't me", "I was just joking" - none of that is cute. I was 15 once too. You're not as intelligent as you think you are.
User avatar
Rachael
Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Previous

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests