Ion Maiden

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Re: Ion Maiden

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:17 pm

I.... had no idea there were headshots o_O; Thanks!

(I've always been aiming for centre body mass because otherwise I'm not hitting them at all. I only recently became conscious of the lag that was throwing me off, though, so once I learn to adjust for that I might have a much easier time of it... that, and maybe looking at the mouse settings again which I might have mangled when I had accidentally set S and F to turn left and right (since typical newer FPS configuration screens have move left and right there) and was trying to figure out what was wrong...)
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby NeuralStunner » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:41 pm

Kinsie wrote:I'm just amazed that it's still using CON scripting instead of just hardcoding everything like other BUILD games or implementing a different scripting language that doesn't cause every priest in a mile radius to hurl themselves into the loving arms of the nearest wood chipper.
It's as if godlike powers are involved, isn't it? :P

What's annoying me, actually, is the number of sods complaining about the heroine's VA. I guess they can't stand things that aren't overacted? I'd rather have a character that's written as a professional sound like a professional. Kudos actually, for not making her sound like a genderswapped B-grade action hero.

(Let's not forget that Duke himself began as basically a parody of such characters.)
NeuralStunner
An Exercise in Self-Indulgence

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit

Postby nazakomu » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:40 pm

NeuralStunner wrote:It's as if godlike powers are involved, isn't it? :P

without a doubt
NeuralStunner wrote:What's annoying me, actually, is the number of sods complaining about the heroine's VA. I guess they can't stand things that aren't overacted? I'd rather have a character that's written as a professional sound like a professional. Kudos actually, for not making her sound like a genderswapped B-grade action hero.

(Let's not forget that Duke himself began as basically a parody of such characters.)

trust me, the voice lines are so much better than I thought they were going to be, so I'm pretty appreciative of them

Ion Maiden, so far, has flown past my expectations in nearly every aspect. The only thing I hardly have an issue with, is the music. I knew that they were going to use modules, but the style of the music in particular just feels a little off, and doesn't seem to align well with the style that the game is generally going for. But as for everything else in the game, I really haven't got any complaints.
nazakomu
apathetic

Discord: Nazakomu#2197
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:22 am

NeuralStunner wrote:I guess they can't stand things that aren't overacted? I'd rather have a character that's written as a professional sound like a professional.

I am sorry for this, but not nearly sorry enough not to do it to begin with:

EDIT: Slowly getting the hang of the shooting. The mouse movement keeps making me ill...
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby BloodShot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 am

nazakomu wrote:Ion Maiden, so far, has flown past my expectations in nearly every aspect. The only thing I hardly have an issue with, is the music. I knew that they were going to use modules, but the style of the music in particular just feels a little off, and doesn't seem to align well with the style that the game is generally going for. But as for everything else in the game, I really haven't got any complaints.

I actually disagree on the music, i think it fits the game perfectly and compliments the aesthetic.
BloodShot

Postby PlayerLin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 am

NeuralStunner wrote:
Kinsie wrote:I'm just amazed that it's still using CON scripting instead of just hardcoding everything like other BUILD games or implementing a different scripting language that doesn't cause every priest in a mile radius to hurl themselves into the loving arms of the nearest wood chipper.

It's as if godlike powers are involved, isn't it? :P

Look at SW original, hardcoded anything and nearly no mod support(unless using SWP port, but still NOT as mod-able as like Duke3D), only Duke3D still have mod now, and its CON scripting got enhanced with eduke32.

eduke32 was had lua scripting support(please read the whole thread before you say it's dead/not exist), not sure IM does support it too or not...
PlayerLin

Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Mikk- » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Quick note: FUCK THESE GLITCHY ASS CHAIR PUZZLES
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Postby RiboNucleic Asshat » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Just a heads up, there's a beta on steam that fixes a few issues. Most significantly, aiming no longer feels like I'm trying to grind salt! Performance also seems slightly better, but it still isn't completely smooth.
RiboNucleic Asshat

Discord: Ribonucleic Asshat#7687
Twitch ID: ribonucleicasshat

Postby NeuralStunner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Mikk- wrote:Quick note: FUCK THESE GLITCHY ASS CHAIR PUZZLES
No problems here. (Only issues I've seen is getting them stuck in corners or against steps. Try to avoid that.)
NeuralStunner
An Exercise in Self-Indulgence

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293

Postby Mikk- » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:31 am

I found that if the chairs are on steps, the player phases through the object. Sometimes the chairs just slide away from me, into the wall in some cases.
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Postby Cage » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:54 am

Hey everyone! We just have patched the game - Steam version should update automatically, and you should receive a download link if you bought the game from 3D Realms store. If you stumbled upon any performance issues previously while playing Ion Maiden, please check out the game after the patch. If any problems persist, feel free to get in touch on Steam Discussions or 3d Realms Discord. Mouse aiming has also been improved and autosave control introduced.
Full patch log here: http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=562860

Also if you have chairs stuck in the corners, you might want to try pulling them out with the use key, you might have to slower your movements though. ;)

Thanks for playing!

insightguy wrote:...Goddamnit, I just realize that this entire fiasco might be alienating cage from us.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. :) My activity is limited since I'm busy, maintaining activity on Twitter and Discord is all I can manage right now.
Cage
A trash bag full of empty coke bottles

Discord: Cage#9861

Postby TheAdmantArchvile » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:11 am

Found a fun Easter Egg. With this, Dusk, and Amid Evil, I guess you could say:
Spoiler: ThOsE fPs GaMeS yOu LiKe ArE gOiNg To CoMe BaCk In StYle
TheAdmantArchvile
Cash Money Terrionaire

Postby RiboNucleic Asshat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:13 pm

I found an undocumented change: red guys can actually hit you when you crouch now. Heh.
RiboNucleic Asshat

Discord: Ribonucleic Asshat#7687
Twitch ID: ribonucleicasshat

Postby Bigger C » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:52 pm

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Found a fun Easter Egg. With this, Dusk, and Amid Evil, I guess you could say:
Spoiler: ThOsE fPs GaMeS yOu LiKe ArE gOiNg To CoMe BaCk In StYle

I do not understand the reference! :U
Bigger C
Banned User

Postby Gez » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Gez

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness