What kind of items do you like to collect?

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Re: What kind of items do you like to collect?

Postby Hellsmith1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:47 pm

i have my card collection is at my grandmothers house cause I don't have room for them all. And there in her garage too yeah not a good place to put them but there in a big plastic container. Will she also has old baseball cards and she had an 1960's set of card's in her garage and she has going sell them at a flea market.
I told her do not sell them cards at all because the price on those 1960 Baseball card's are really valuable and they were in mint condition too and they were never been opened or never used.
I look it up and see how much are 1960 baseball cards were man they are worth lots of money if you wanted to sell them but my grandmother almost made a big mistake and she was about to sell them at a flea market.

I don't know how much are baseball cards worth now. Does anyone know how much there actually worth?
Hellsmith1
It's party time? P.A.R.T.Y?

Postby Rachael » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:03 pm

I used to collect all kinds of things - coins, cards, you name it. If it had some sort of variation, I probably was into collecting it at some point.

The thing is, I never truly got "serious" about it. I did have a nice quarter collection from when they put states on the back of quarter coins, but then I had to use that for bus money, I was in pretty dire financial straits. :( I remember how heartbreaking it was to spend the last of each state that I had in my collection.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ethril » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 pm

DoomRater wrote:Iron ingots/blocks, metal, normally nonrenewable resources that become renewable with the right mod, things of that nature... oh and redstone contraptions. I absolutely love collecting those. I recently came into a collection of villagers as well... but hard to say if those are things or sentient people.

Heh.
Spoiler: Off on a tangent
Ethril
F1

Postby DoomRater » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:27 pm

The villagers in question sell rftools dimensional shards and unknown and known dimlets, something that has managed to trivialize even the most awesome of dimensional creation mods. Or in other words, you could say I collect yellorium lake worlds too.
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby Caligari87 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:42 am

Hellsmith1 wrote:I don't know how much are baseball cards worth now. Does anyone know how much there actually worth?
It really really[i] depends on the card, and basically comes down to "will someone buy it for x dollars?" You might have some that are basically worthless, or some that are priceless. I'd try looking up some sites like http://www.vintagecardprices.com/ or finding a local collector / appraiser who can help you figure out a value for each one. Get [i]multiple appraisals so you can be sure someone isn't low-balling you.

Or, just start putting individual cards up on ebay for some exorbitant price even if you don't know for sure. If no one buys, lower the price. If someone buys it, that's what it's worth.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Naniyue » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:46 am

Believe it or not: Books.

I could run my own book mobile! Mostly sci-fi and fantasy, but other neat titles as well, including a growing collection of adventure gamebooks, and I don't mean CYOA.
Naniyue
TTThhppttt!!!

Postby Koto » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:25 am

I collect Hot Wheels cars.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

And as a bonus.
Spoiler:
Koto
El conocimiento engendra sufrimiento

Discord: KotoDerToten#6085

Postby Hellsmith1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:31 pm

My aunt use to collect cabbage patch dolls when she was 8 to 20 years old and she had almost about 50 or 100 different types of cabbage patch dolls.
She doesn't have them anymore because my grandma and Grandpa's house caught on fire and everything that my aunt had in that house was gone but that happened in 1990 or 1992 i thank. But she had a big huge collection of cabbage patch doll's.
Hellsmith1

Postby Enjay » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Not really a full-on collection as such but I've been accumulating some Doctor Who figures, specifically cybermen and Daleks in the 5" scale.

I have:
A bunch of 10th doctor-style cybermen including 2 different cyber leaders and a cyber-controller on his throne. Some of the basic cybermen have guns on their forearms, some do not.
One of the same basic type but the newer version without the cybus industries logo on its chest plate (rare-ish).
A few "specials" like rusted/damaged cybermen, underhenge cybermen
I've also got "legacy" cybermen from the old series; "The Tenth Planet" cloth-faced cybermen, the "Tomb of the Cybermen" metal-faced ones, "The Invasion" and "Revenge" cybermen (quite similar to each other), an "Earthshock" Cyberman and two quite rare "Silver Nemesis" cybermen (one regular, one cyberleader).
A few other cyberman bits and pieces.

It's a shame that they never made a "The Wheel in Space" cyberman model because that was the first one with the "tear drop" cut outs by the eyes. It's also a shame that they seem to have discontinued the 5" scale models in favour of 3.75" scale ones because that means the latest style of cyberman is not available in the same scale as my other figures.

I'm not so into Dalek models, but it would be rude not to get a few, so I have a handful of models from the classic series in a variety of colours and some newer style ones in brass, black and WWII colours, a supreme Dalek in red and a New Paradigm Dalek also in red. Oh, and Davros, of course.

And I suspect much of that means very little to most of you so...

Spoiler:

Sorry for the crappy image quality.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Hellsmith1 wrote:Coin's, old video's.

Posts with bad grammar... :twisted:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer
Lead GZDoom Developer

Postby wildweasel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:
Hellsmith1 wrote:Coin's, old video's.

Posts with bad grammar... :twisted:

I collect posts, too. =P

wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby DoomRater » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:17 pm

I hesitated about this long enough, but being AB/DL, I often tried to collect a unique diaper bag (the original packaging, not those carry arounds) from anything I bought, but a good deal of that has either gotten lost or mistakenly thrown out as trash, which is a shame as you can't find the bags anymore from anything 10-20 years ago. I only have recent packaging now, and nothing interesting for that matter.
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby Rachael » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 pm

wildweasel wrote:I collect posts, too. =P

The truth comes out...

He's been collecting information on us!

(Actually, funny enough, I did this when I was in Skulltag, too. And when I was an officer in MMO guilds... pretty much any time I had any real responsibility and had to deal with problem users)
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ghastly » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:54 pm

Eruanna wrote:He's been collecting information on us!

(Actually, funny enough, I did this when I was in Skulltag, too. And when I was an officer in MMO guilds... pretty much any time I had any real responsibility and had to deal with problem users)
I actually do this in Eve Online as well. Comes in handy, in a game that is primarily about being a scumbag space pirate. :P
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby Hellsmith1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm

The one thing that I loved to collect is marbles and I have I think about 500 or 800 different types of marbles from small to the big shooters. Not too long ago I bought a book on marbles and it has all different types and it also shows you how much there are worth some are good and some are in mint condition. Like the ribbon lutz in mint condition the 1/2 or less size is $400 if its an 2-1/2 & over size its $4,500. But in collectible addition for 1/2 or less size its $75.00 in the 2-1/2 & over size its $750.00. So if you have some marbles in your collection you might what to check that out because you will know how much its worth.
Hellsmith1

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness