A muddied fresh start

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderators: Developers, ZDoom.org Team

A muddied fresh start

Postby joe-ilya » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:55 am

I was banned from Doomworld for saying the N-word, I won't ever say that again in a forum with mods waiting for any reason just so they'll use their dusty banhammer on their shelf and have some action in their life for once.
A fresh start here I guess.
joe-ilya
"His hopes may be false, but his happiness is real" -Fat Mike-

Discord: #8433

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Trance » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 am

Oh I'm sure you'll last a while here bringing that attitude with you.
Trance
Please do not mimic the behavior of me

Postby wildweasel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 am

joe-ilya wrote:I was banned from Doomworld for saying the N-word, I won't ever say that again in a forum with mods waiting for any reason just so they'll use their dusty banhammer on their shelf and have some action in their life for once.

If that's your attitude towards the folks who keep the peace, I can tell we're going to get along just fine. =|
wildweasel
Your Toast is Mine.

Postby Vostyok » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 am

Ya... just remember that a lot of the mods are avid modders as well, and do not really have time for drama.

'nuff said on this I think.
Vostyok
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Postby Rachael » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 pm

joe-ilya wrote:I was banned from Doomworld for saying the N-word, I won't ever say that again in a forum with mods waiting for any reason just so they'll use their dusty banhammer on their shelf and have some action in their life for once.

I've been a moderator/admin to multiple communities and officer of multiple MMO guilds throughout my entire adult life.

So please just trust me when I say - no one is looking for a reason to ban-hammer you. What happens 9 times out of 10 is that the "victim" of so-called "nazi admins" thinks that their actions are justified, even when an overwhelming majority of users disagree. They take matters into their own hands, and force the "peacekeepers" (as wildweasel phrased it) to react in ways they'd really rather not. (Believe me - in my perspective, it would be great if I never had to ban a user. Yet, I've already done that several times... and I was not happy about any one of them)

While it's true that there are corrupt administrators and politicians, none of their communities ever last long - and that holds especially true where access is given freely. If Doomworld admins were really that terrible, Doomworld would not have a community whatsoever. Yet, they have hundreds of visitors per day, more than Zandronum, DRD Team, and ZDoom combined. They must be doing something right, don't you think? That's not to say they are perfect. Even I have second thoughts about the things I've seen them do or say, and I don't agree with them 100%. But that's human nature, and our world would be awfully damn boring if we did agree like that.

So when you try to tell me that the Doomworld moderators/admins are terrible people, the only thought that comes to my mind is - what are YOU hiding?
Rachael

Postby leodoom85 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Moderators and admins are necessary and important to keep order from members like me and others and of course, members with a defiant and annoying behavior like this one.
leodoom85
Share your energy to the megasphere!!!

Discord: leodoom85#6202

Postby joe-ilya » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:31 am

I tell you what I hide ; nothing, I just said the N-word, so it made me think they were bored and were seeking drama since I was banned for that minor and vague word, they even had the guts to change my avatar without my permission into a stupid insult for endless fucked up reasons that I'm likely unaware of, even when I tried to explain why I used that word via facebook, all the mod did was threaten me.
I don't know what that tells you if you think they're happymen trying to save the world from exploding.
joe-ilya
"His hopes may be false, but his happiness is real" -Fat Mike-

Discord: #8433

Postby wildweasel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 am

And this is now bordering on cross forum drama. Look, I don't think I care why you think they banned you, but around here, we would much rather you did everything in your power not to step on toes. Make yourself familiar with our rules: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27644
wildweasel
Your Toast is Mine.

Re: A muddied fresh start

Postby Rachael » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am

Wipe your boots before you walk any further. >_<

Topic split. Let's not discuss this anymore shall we?
Rachael

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness