Tapor's Mod Shuffle - v2.01 (CANCELLED)

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: Developers

Re: New Name Coming in the update!

Postby TaporGaming » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:14 am

An new doom mod name will be coming.

Tapor's Mod Shuffle
TaporGaming
IT STARTED TO SIXTY PERCENT

Re: Scalliano 667 Shuffle - Enhanced Edition (CLOSED)

Postby Someone64 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:49 am

Man, either he's completely ignoring everything or he just straight up doesn't understand English...
Someone64

Postby wildweasel » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:26 am

TaporGaming wrote:An new doom mod name will be coming.

Tapor's Mod Shuffle

Did you get any permission to use any of the stuff in this mod, or did you remove the things you did not get permission for?
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead

Postby TaporGaming » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:37 pm

wildweasel wrote:
TaporGaming wrote:An new doom mod name will be coming.

Tapor's Mod Shuffle

Did you get any permission to use any of the stuff in this mod, or did you remove the things you did not get permission for?

Nope. New SS667EH name.
TaporGaming

Re: Scalliano 667 Shuffle - Enhanced Edition (CLOSED)

Postby scalliano » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm

That just says it all, really. Sorry, simply removing my name from the mod isn't gonna cut it.

When I started working on Shuffle, it was comprised entirely of stuff that was out in the wild and had general usage permissions granted in the documentation, hence the "667" tag. However, the scope of the mod grew and there is a lot of stuff in there that I had to contact the original authors for permission to use, for example the Winters Fury and Legacy of Suffering content. Those permissions are not transferable as far as I am aware and anyone else who wants to make use of that stuff would need to get in touch with the authors directly.

Of course, this would all have been known had you contacted me. Hell, I abandoned this version of the mod a good while ago and probably would have granted permission to modify it sans the "offending" (for wont of a better word) assets had you simply asked me first. That ship has sailed.
scalliano
Resident ZDoom Waifu

Re: Tapor's Mod Shuffle - v2.01

Postby TaporGaming » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:33 am

Tapor's Mod Shuffle

v2.01 has been released!
TaporGaming

Postby wildweasel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:45 am

TaporGaming wrote:Tapor's Mod Shuffle

v2.01 has been released!

I get the feeling you either haven't read, or don't understand, why we're still upset with you. It is not just the name that got you in trouble, it is the fact that you have basically stolen an entire mod, without asking for permission. The original author is still upset at you, and you still haven't got anybody's permission to use any of the things from Scalliano's mod in your mod.

I have removed your download link. Please do not post it again until you have either gotten permission or removed the things you haven't asked for.
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Mackery » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:47 pm

wildweasel wrote:
TaporGaming wrote:Tapor's Mod Shuffle

v2.01 has been released!

I get the feeling you either haven't read, or don't understand, why we're still upset with you. It is not just the name that got you in trouble, it is the fact that you have basically stolen an entire mod, without asking for permission. The original author is still upset at you, and you still haven't got anybody's permission to use any of the things from Scalliano's mod in your mod.

I have removed your download link. Please do not post it again until you have either gotten permission or removed the things you haven't asked for.

What a shame. For a while I thought he HAD gotten permission for a moment before this occurrence since I am somewhat inexperienced when it comes to what counts as STEALING and what counts as a simple HOMAGE to another mod. I hope Tapor gets the message and fixes this since I kinda liked the mod. Either way, not crediting someone else's work and not asking for permission to use assets from another Modder's creation is wrong and can be downright infuriating.
Mackery

Discord: 9531

Postby scalliano » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:06 pm

To give you an example, 667 Shuffle was originally an homage to AEons of Death. I liked the idea of a randomised monster/weapon/item mod, but wanted something more consistent with Doom's theme rather than a load of stuff from multiple different games like AEoD. While Shuffle was primarily bult from premade assets, I built the mod's actual framework up from scratch and added a lot of my own creations in over time (eg the scientist zombies) as well as getting permission to use stuff from certain mods which didn't specifically allow free use.

By contrast, this mod is literally 667 Shuffle copypasted with some extra stuff thrown in without my or any other author's prior knowledge. THAT is theft. I've always been very liberal with regards to individual creations of mine being used freely, hence why so much of my stuff is on R667. But to literally rip an entire project, dump in some stolen effects and pan it off as one's own work is flat out disrespectful.

Oh, and for the record, I am declaring publicly that I will not be granting permission for any of my work to be used in this project. Anyone else who wants to use my stuff, PM me.
scalliano
Resident ZDoom Waifu

Postby Mackery » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:21 pm

scalliano wrote:To give you an example, 667 Shuffle was originally an homage to AEons of Death. I liked the idea of a randomised monster/weapon/item mod, but wanted something more consistent with Doom's theme rather than a load of stuff from multiple different games like AEoD. While Shuffle was primarily bult from premade assets, I built the mod's actual framework up from scratch and added a lot of my own creations in over time (eg the scientist zombies) as well as getting permission to use stuff from certain mods which didn't specifically allow free use.

By contrast, this mod is literally 667 Shuffle copypasted with some extra stuff thrown in without my or any other author's prior knowledge. THAT is theft. I've always been very liberal with regards to individual creations of mine being used freely, hence why so much of my stuff is on R667. But to literally rip an entire project, dump in some stolen effects and pan it off as one's own work is flat out disrespectful.

Oh, and for the record, I am declaring publicly that I will not be granting permission for any of my work to be used in this project. Anyone else who wants to use my stuff, PM me.

Stealing doesn't pay in the end.
Mackery

Discord: 9531

Re: Tapor's Mod Shuffle - v2.01 (CANCELLED)

Postby NeonLights95 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Sorry, I have to agree with WildWeasel and scalliano.

This mod is insulting to the original creators.

For the record, everything was STOLEN in this 'mod.' So, I am going to say. 0/11.
NeonLights95
The Keyblade Alchemist

Discord: TheKeybladeAlchemist#4591
Twitch ID: TheKeybladeAlchemist

Postby TaporGaming » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 pm

This mod will be an abanoded project
TaporGaming

Postby Stock-Doom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:55 pm

Erhmm, maybe a mod should lock this thread now?

Still, the language barrier is still not a excuse to be a massive stealer anyway, Mr. Tapor...
Stock-Doom

Previous

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness