Gallery of Useless Bumps

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: Developers

Re: A more modding-friendly A_ItBurnsItBurns (and friends)

Postby Endie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Try this on your base class

Code: Select allExpand view
Death.Fire:
PLAY # 1 A_Scream
TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory("Fired", 1)
(insert end of the death state)

then in weapon decorate

Code: Select allExpand view
Ready:
#### # 1
#### # 0 A_JumpIfInventory("Fired", 1, "FireHands")

FireHands:
#### # # A_Lower
Loop

see if it works, i hope so

Note: Don't forget to add the flag that prevent the weapon to deselect when the player dies.

+NODEATHDESELECT (if i remember well)
Endie
Degreelessness mode ON

Discord: Moa Dixøn™#4254

Re: [WIP] Samsara: Extra Heroes + ExMixer

Postby Assassin of Purity » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:44 am

warman2012 wrote:To the mod authors:

Do you think you guys could modify the Duke Nukem portion of the mod to get rid of the explosive firing shotgun, and then put the shrinker and devestator from Duke Nukem 3D into Samsara?

Assassin of Purity

Plain ol' Doom 2 Community Mapping Project

Postby PixelWAD » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:00 pm

I gave MAP03 - SECURITY OUTPOST (Seidolon) a try with Duke Nukem 3D mod in VR. Here is gameplay for those interested!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEEpCoy ... e=youtu.be
PixelWAD

Re: Pinochestein 3D edición GL (Version 3 & definitive)

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Aww, for a moment I thought it's a mod about chilling out heated communists by giving them a free helicopter ride. This mod definitelly would use this feature, though.
MaxRideWizardLord

Re: Alien Breed 3D - The Killing Grounds (WIP)

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:31 pm

This project it's dead? Alien Breed 3D Looks very impressive in GZdoom sadly it's dont have any update :'(
Rayman The Hedgehog
Welcome to Vietnam Mr. SquidWard I hope you like the mortar

Re: Mortal Kombat Deadlock

Postby Ahpiox » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:39 am

Dynama... keep working or something bad happened?
Ahpiox
THIS IS A BRAND NEW HIP-HOP MIX STRAIGHT FROM THE STREETS! HOT 97 TO YOU!

Is it ok to create commercial game with ZDoom?

Postby crazyflyingdonut » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Rachael wrote:
hardcore_gamer wrote:To be honest, I am kind off annoyed by this recent trend of people trying to sell for money what in the past would almost always have simply been released as a free mod. Like, we have all of these young devs probably aged between 15-25 making something and then just dumping it unto digital market places such as steam. It's not helpful to the indie games industry at all. Now, does this mean there is anything wrong with making content like this? Hell no, in fact I love making stuff like this myself. But the difference is that I don't try to sell it, I just release it for the community to enjoy.

I am going to have to disagree with you, and it almost sounds like you're more upset with people being successful at something and making a living off of it, regardless of their skill level, and you being trepid at attempting it yourself.

Ion Maiden is a community project that, by your standards, probably should be released as a mod. However, I personally see nothing wrong with someone making their hobby into a job. A life doing what you hate (i.e. "work") is a life that's not well lived - period. You may try to espouse that working at some desk job from 9 to 5 is the only way to go, but that kind of thinking is short sighted, ancient, and honestly really fucking dumb. I am sorry, but it is, and there's a reason why that kind of job setting is getting less and less common these days.

This is how people on Youtube get popular and become successful. They fill a niche that major corporations with huge marketing budgets refuse to touch. And it's the only way to increase the quality of the utter steaming shite coming out of the poop hole of the gaming "industry" (which, to be honest, about 90% of indie projects, with the notable exception of asset flips, regardless of quality, somehow manage to beat that, when visual effects are not considered).

You are no arbitrator to decide what people buy or do for a living. And people want to buy stuff that's not made by EA, Activision, Ubisoft, or any of the other shite-holes that have permeated the market with their "live services" and other pay-to-play crap that requires you to spend more than the base price of a game to have a proper gaming experience.

So this trend is here to stay. I am sorry, but some people don't like PUBG. Some people don't like Call of Doody 498494869877 or whatever fucking number they're at in the series. Some people don't like FIFA 2018 or whatever is going to continue having loot boxes shoved into it despite EA having "learned its lesson from Star Wars". If YOU don't like it - there's one thing you can do - DON'T BUY IT! But I will not brook you trying to tell people not to spend their money on what is honest to god better material than pretty much any triple-A dev comes up with.

CALL OF DUTY SUCKS ASS!
User was warned for this post. -JadedLexi
crazyflyingdonut
Worse than Chris-chan

Re: Is it ok to create commercial game with ZDoom?

Postby NeuralStunner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Why? What could you do better? What is your response besides a badly-worded "I agree" to a minor remark inside the large post you quoted in its entirety?
NeuralStunner
Worldcrafter

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293

Re: Is it ok to create commercial game with ZDoom?

Postby Kinsie » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:54 pm

crazyflyingdonut wrote:CALL OF DUTY SUCKS ASS!
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Get Actor Screen Position

Postby Zen3001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:
Caligari_87 wrote:Why not just do the people a favor and save the need for complex, hard-to-read code that very few people understand, much less are able to write? Personally, I don't want to have to mess around with that script every time I want it to do something slightly different. Not everyone's a programming god (if I was, I'd add this myself).

8-)

To make one thing abundantly clear:

ZDoom is a source port to play Doom and related games.
ZDoom is *NOT* a generic engine that is supposed to do all this fancy stuff that has become so annoying in modern games.

Nevertheless, some people here constantly try to push the limits of the engine and when they have reached the limit ask for new features that may help them do the things the engine was never set out to do. Interestingly, the ones asking for the most outlandish things never *ever* released anything to the public that may warrant investing all the work.

And that's really everything this adds up to: Randy and I have to evaluate whether some suggestion is worth investing time in. And sadly, most are not, regardless how much you or others may find it useful.

I think it's time to do a cleanup operation in the feature suggestions forum. Obviously many things being suggested are never going to be done - ever!

I'm probably going to get another warning for dumbing in this old thread but just had to tell how funny it is to read this post now with gzdoom being an engine useable for full commercial TCs and all these fancy new features.
Zen3001
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Banned User

Discord: #0629

Re: Gallery of Useless Bumps

Postby Rachael » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb bump. For a flagrant disregard of the moderators and the board rules, you're taking a small vacation.

Ordinarily a post like this would not warrant a ban, but you've been warned multiple times up to now and you still just don't care. The reason for your ban is precisely that apathy.
Rachael
QZDoom + Webmaster

Re: [Justamod] Shut up and Bleed. (Now in V0.4 flavor)

Postby TaporGaming » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:25 pm

I just waiting Not So Complex Doom here
TaporGaming

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 1 Doom Remake

Postby el armadillo2 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:08 am

Left 4 Five Nights at Doom is a better anime than Bee Shrek Test in the House.
el armadillo2
HE IS THE GAME DUDE HE IS SO RUDE HE IS A GAMER WITH A BAD ATTITUDE

Re: [Retail-ation mod]: Christmas Release!

Postby Cheater87 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:59 am

This is great it makes the game just l like PS1 Doom with keeping weapons!
Cheater87

Re: dynamically change i_timescale cvar [Zscript]

Postby Galaxy_Stranger » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Heh, don't want to see any Matrix mods?
Galaxy_Stranger
Shropshire Slasher

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness