Heretic-themed Shockwave

Requests go in THIS forum!

Heretic-themed Shockwave

Postby Drake Raider » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Exactly what it says on the tin. I can probably make this, but if someone knows if one exists, I'm looking for a shockwave sprite that matches the Heretic artstyle and is works in the palette. I'm specifically planning to use it for the Phoenix Rod, but it could probably work on other stuff too; I just don't want it to be true colour.
Drake Raider
I seem to keep alot of my work to myself....

Re: Heretic-themed Shockwave

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:41 am

try this one.
heretic_shockwave.zip

its what I use.

its in the heretic greens but you can use translate in the actor's decorate to change to a desired colour...

for phoenix rod style I'd personally suggest a translation string of "209:224=137:144"

it looks better as either translucent or add renderstyle and bright is debatable.
personally I dont use mine bright. but thats just me...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osjclatchford

Postby Drake Raider » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Is that the Disintegrator from Strife? Either way, it looks good. I almost never use transparency on my projects because I don't like how the Doom Engine handles it, and I wish I knew how to make a sprite partially transparent (portions opaque, portions see through) rather than the entire thing a given alpha value, but this is perfect for my artstyle anyway! Thanks for your help!
Drake Raider
I seem to keep alot of my work to myself....

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:51 am

its orginally the bfg shockwave from the doom3 weapons for doom2 mod... I use it for everything these days. I normally use a greyscale one with high transparency and make it fadeout for generic explosions. but green and blue and even red ones work ok for plasma/magic attacks too so have fun!
transparent or not it will match in fine, I'm sure...

unless I'm mistaken, ChaosCentral is the original creator of these (before my alterations) well, he made the doom3 weapon mod so, I figure he made these... he might not have though...
osjclatchford

Return to Requests