Jump mod?

Requests go in THIS forum!

Jump mod?

Postby greennick78sh » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 am

hi, im looking for any sort of mod for the original doom that uses dehacked that allows you to press a button or something to do a sort of jump, like gain height or something, im gonna use it on the bethesda unity doom port, might be the wrong place to ask here.
greennick78sh

Re: Jump mod?

Postby m8f » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:02 am

I'm pretty sure dehacked cannot do that. I would love to be proven wrong.
m8f
dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629
Github ID: mmaulwurff
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Jarewill » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:16 am

There's this:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/room
However it damages the player when jumping. I assume it used the Archvile's hitscan attack, but I'm not sure.

For an actual jump, I doubt it's possible.
Jarewill

Postby Enjay » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:56 pm

I didn't know that there was a mod, but using the archvile attack on the player via dehacked somehow was my first reaction as to how it could be done.

The thing with dehacked is that it cannot do anything that the game doesn't do already. All dehacked patches do it move stuff around and give existing abilities to entities that didn't already have them.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby greennick78sh » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:04 pm

*i should have mentioned it doesnt need dehacked, it can be a normal wad, dont know if wads still cant add anything
greennick78sh

Postby wildweasel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:22 pm

greennick78sh wrote:*i should have mentioned it doesnt need dehacked, it can be a normal wad, dont know if wads still cant add anything

If anything, that gives you even less to work with, possibly even nothing at all.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Redneckerz » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:53 am

greennick78sh wrote:*i should have mentioned it doesnt need dehacked, it can be a normal wad, dont know if wads still cant add anything

Wads are short for Where is All the Data. They contain everything, art, assets, and so on.

What you want is only possible with DEH via the archvile, through a source port, or through a hex edit (Doom Hockey enables a hockey puck through a custom patch file).*

Jumping is inherently a port thing.

* There is one more way and that's the Ace Engine. But that has little to do with vanilla, even less with dehacked and is more of a exploit.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Requests