Jump mod?

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
greennick78sh

Jump mod?

Post by greennick78sh »

hi, im looking for any sort of mod for the original doom that uses dehacked that allows you to press a button or something to do a sort of jump, like gain height or something, im gonna use it on the bethesda unity doom port, might be the wrong place to ask here.
m8f

Discord: m8f#0629
Github ID: mmaulwurff

Re: Jump mod?

Post by m8f »

I'm pretty sure dehacked cannot do that. I would love to be proven wrong.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

There's this:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/room
However it damages the player when jumping. I assume it used the Archvile's hitscan attack, but I'm not sure.

For an actual jump, I doubt it's possible.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I didn't know that there was a mod, but using the archvile attack on the player via dehacked somehow was my first reaction as to how it could be done.

The thing with dehacked is that it cannot do anything that the game doesn't do already. All dehacked patches do it move stuff around and give existing abilities to entities that didn't already have them.
greennick78sh

Post by greennick78sh »

*i should have mentioned it doesnt need dehacked, it can be a normal wad, dont know if wads still cant add anything
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by wildweasel »

greennick78sh wrote:*i should have mentioned it doesnt need dehacked, it can be a normal wad, dont know if wads still cant add anything
If anything, that gives you even less to work with, possibly even nothing at all.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

greennick78sh wrote:*i should have mentioned it doesnt need dehacked, it can be a normal wad, dont know if wads still cant add anything
Wads are short for Where is All the Data. They contain everything, art, assets, and so on.

What you want is only possible with DEH via the archvile, through a source port, or through a hex edit (Doom Hockey enables a hockey puck through a custom patch file).*

Jumping is inherently a port thing.

* There is one more way and that's the Ace Engine. But that has little to do with vanilla, even less with dehacked and is more of a exploit.

Return to “Requests”