Simple Sprite Recolor

Requests go in THIS forum!

Simple Sprite Recolor

Postby spforce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:53 pm

hello , can someone please recolor this double chaingunguy from his green color to use back the red color the original chaingunguy uses?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spforce

Re: Simple Sprite Recolor

Postby Ac!d » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Here's an attempt for the sprite DPOSA1C1 using CPOSA1 and CPOSC1 for the big parts.
You can use this for some inspiration... frankly, I don't know if could make all these sprites.

DPOSA1C1 (red).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ac!d
Perfection is a way, not an end. - Korean Proverb

Discord: Ac!d#2732

Postby spforce » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:16 am

looks you did it right
can you do all of them?
also what you used to recolor them?
spforce

Postby Gez » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:08 am

You can't do a simple recolor, because the color gradients in the sprite don't really match the palette ranges -- these green gradients are made by taking the desaturated greens here and there with some grays mixed in. So a translation won't work. It looks to me that what Ac!d did was to take elements from the original chaingunner sprites and copy-paste parts (or mirrored parts) to overwrite the double chaingun dude.
Gez

Postby Ac!d » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:18 am

looks you did it right

Thanks for the feedback of the preview.
can you do all of them?

If I have time... Like I said in my previous post : "You can use this for some inspiration... frankly, I don't know if could make all these sprites."
also what you used to recolor them?

I used the sprites of the chaingunner of DOOM 2: Hell on Earth (For DPOSA1C1, I take CPOSA1 and CPOSC1 returned horizontally). After, I copy/paste the red parts on the green parts.

I use PhotoFiltre 7 (freeware version), but you can also use Paint.net or GIMP 2 if you want.

Also, thank you Gez to answer the question before me. :roll:
Ac!d
Perfection is a way, not an end. - Korean Proverb

Discord: Ac!d#2732

Return to Requests