Injured Military Bird Logo

Requests go in THIS forum!

Injured Military Bird Logo

Postby Enjay » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Once again I throw myself upon the mercy of the artists of the ZDoom forum.

Is there anyone here who would be willing to produce a drawing of a bird on crutches and wearing part of a military uniform (e.g. a helmet would be ideal)?

The bird would preferably something a bit albatross-like, but that's not essential, and not exactly an albatross either (i.e. not a real bird at all - some imaginary goofy-looking sea bird would be ideal).

The idea is that the image would be a bit cartoony/caricature-like and made of simple lines and colours. It's something that is intended to be used in a role playing game to represent the logo of a charity that supports ex-service personnel. Please note, it's not a real charity, it's just for a game.

Only a single image would be required and it should not be typical Doom tiny/sprite kind of size.

I did a quick google and found the following images as the kind of concepts that I'm talking about:
Spoiler:

but obviously none of those quite fit what I'm describing.

I realise that it's a bit of a big request, and a bit weird too, but if anyone is up for it...

Thank you kindly for any replies, offers or advice (or even just for reading this).
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: Injured Military Bird Logo

Postby Enjay » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:27 pm

I know that this has only been up a few days but I'm guessing that no one fancies having a go. (I realised that it was a bit of a long shot.) Would anyone have any suggestions of somewhere that I could ask?
Enjay

Postby Gez » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:49 pm

How about looking for a good picture of Yankee Doodle Pigeon (you know, from Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines). It's a cartoony white bird with a helmet. You can relatively easily turn the helmet into a soldier helmet by giving it a camo recolor, remove the bag and the goggles, and then maybe add a plaster on a leg or something.
Gez

Postby Enjay » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm

That's a good shout. I know exactly the cartoon that you mean.
Enjay

Return to Requests