Weapon edit Request (QII SSG)

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: Weapon edit Request (QII SSG)

Post by Enjay »

BadMojo wrote:Heres a rough job of the top half, can do the rest if your interested.

That's really nice. Yes, I am interested if you are up for doing the others.

Obviously I won't be able to use all of the options that have been posted to their thread. I am very grateful for them all but I haven't decided which one I like the best yet.

Assuming that the authors are happy enough with people using their work, it means that there are plenty of options for a centred QII-like shotgun for anyone who fancies having one. Sonik.o.fan's QII blaster pistol from the other thread will compliment it nicely too.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Am I late to the Party? :D Here is my Version
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I haven't had a chance to check it in game yet, but I really like that style.

Another wonderful submission. Thank you. :yup:
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

Im late but i did it, drawing with a mouse is pain.
Attachments
Second Option
Second Option
First option
First option
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

And very nice they are too. Thank you. I think I prefer option 2. The darker barrels work better IMO.
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

Enjay wrote:And very nice they are too. Thank you. I think I prefer option 2. The darker barrels work better IMO.
So how does it compare to the others? terrible or okay?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It's good. I like it. Problem is, I like them all. :lol:

It's probably going to come down to which version looks most consistent with the other weapons I'm working with. I'm a little while away from being able to make that decision though. I didn't expect quite so many options or quite so quickly - but I'm really grateful for them all. I'm certain that I couldn't have done anything as good.

As I expected, the different artist's takes on the same basic design has been really interesting to watch. The biggest difference in approach seems to be how much highlighting people put on the weapon but there's a lot more going on than jut that. Very interesting.
BadMojo

Post by BadMojo »

Haven't seen what this looks like animated yet, but I can do any of the frames again to make it consistent, just let me know and Ill get around to it... Oh and Ive added a flash sprite for the barrel for when it shoots.

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks very much for finishing it up. I haven't had a chance to try animating it yet, but I will. It's n interesting style that you have (in a good way). It's really quite distinct.

Return to “Requests”