Translation of this short text

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: Translation of this short text

Post by drfrag »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:No esperaba que estas personas nos trataran tan bien.
Intenté advertir a la médica. Los monstruos no eran para aquí pero aún así modos matarán a todos.
Ella no parece entenderme.
That text doesn't make much sense at least here in Spain. Are you really a native spanish speaker?
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Sorry I modified the translation while making it and forgot to remove a part, just fixed it, The context of the text indicates that the monsters get in the planet by accident, that's why I think "los monstruos no eran para aqui" (monsters were not meant for here), makes more sense than "los monstruos no fueron enviados aquí" (monsters were not sent here) because monsters are already there.

I'm a Spanish native speaker too.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Now it's better. But you know you usually can't make a literal translation right? Whether the monsters are already there or not is irrelevant. In Spain you can't say that, period. But since the ingame translation is for south america... I'm (was?) from Castile and Leon (lion?) BTW.

Return to “Requests”